2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; I was hoping Tn was in the mix of states. Too bad for my state. But i was born, raised, lived and worked in KY until 2010. I intended to move back Middlesboro but wound up just acoss the state line near Cumberland gap TN.

If this top down anti fossil fuel agenda is allowed to continue I figure a worse economic and lifestyle debacle than the covid pandemic top down disaster. We are still reeling from the effects of that from on high set of edicts.

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Seems odd that a post that says NO POLITICS starts with the line " Conservative attorneys general are slamming the brakes on President Biden’s radical green agenda"

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; not so odd if you were active during the Covid censorship re labeled as "misinformation" or some other such. At least one main issue is the use of power (force) (mandates) to enable a flawed transportation agenda onto a population who now understand many of the flaws.
By now my guess is the mods on this site understand how they were used falsely in that not so long-ago effort to silence voices.
On top of that we have shown an ability to have a civil discussion on this and similar topics for years now.

Unfortunately the anti fossil fuel + green agendas + pro EV agendas have a element of politics built in. It is not like we are debating whether an ICE engine is better than an EV powertrain only. That sort of debate would be welcome. lay the advantages & disadvantages of both on the table and let us choose. Such is not the case.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Seems odd that a post that says NO POLITICS starts with the line " Conservative attorneys general are slamming the brakes on President Biden’s radical green agenda"
oh cmon man…there’s no such thing as quote “NO POLITICS” because everything is political nowadays; gas prices, your utility bill, the roads you drive on, even the websites you visit and/or comment on can, or will be viewed as “political”.

my 94 year old grandpa said (mere months before he passed away back in the 80’s) you are meant to die every 100 years, because you can’t wrap your mind around the crap that is creeping up behind you 😐

as anyone in the military would say…embrace the suck 😎

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Mods, sorry if this is too political. Please delete and take my apology.

Thank you

Joshinator99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2017 Camaro 2SS

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
oh cmon man…there’s no such thing as quote “NO POLITICS” because everything is political nowadays; gas prices, your utility bill, the roads you drive on, even the websites you visit and/or comment on can, or will be viewed as “political”.

my 94 year old grandpa said (mere months before he passed away back in the 80’s) you are meant to die every 100 years, because you can’t wrap your mind around the crap that is creeping up behind you 😐

as anyone in the military would say…embrace the suck 😎
Oh, I don't disagree with you, in fact, I agree and this topic is especially political! It's like giving be a GT500 and saying, now don't speed in this thing!
1713614063454-qz.png

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Oh, I don't disagree with you, in fact, I agree and this topic is especially political! It's like giving be a GT500 and saying, now don't speed in this thing!
1713614063454-qz.png
Hello; So what is the alternative to a discussion about a push back against "draconian EV push"? Are we to be silenced about an important and life altering topic. EV's themselves and even "green" sources of energy are not political. That some "true believers" are convinced fossil fuels are evil and their EV agendas are lifesavers is not political.
I am convinced EV's would be pretty much of a nothing burger for a very long time if they had to rely on their merits alone. Might be that over time the problems would be worked out and they might eventually have a small share of transport on merits. Thing is the powers that be have been pushing the agendas well beyond any reasonable merits.

Now some members on here are keen to shut down talk and silence voices. Not because the talk slightly violates a forum rule. More because opposition speech harms their favored agendas. We saw that all too clearly during covid. I suspect your motives.

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
There were electric cars at the turn of the last century. They were good for what they were intended. They were not forced upon the people by mandate or law. And they did not sweep the automotive market.

If the big head dummies in power, and I don’t care which party, would get their greedy little fingers off of the subject my bet is that entrepreneurs with the money and knowledge would provide a safe and desirable product for the segment that wants them.

But, forcing it upon the people will be as welcome as a hot Clorox enema.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
There were electric cars at the turn of the last century. They were good for what they were intended. They were not forced upon the people by mandate or law. And they did not sweep the automotive market.

If the big head dummies in power, and I don’t care which party, would get their greedy little fingers off of the subject my bet is that entrepreneurs with the money and knowledge would provide a safe and desirable product for the segment that wants them.

But, forcing it upon the people will be as welcome as a hot Clorox enema.
Hello; love the Clorox bit. I get and agree with your point. For some folks and in some places an EV can work fine. Maybe a bit better than a ICE. Short commutes and folks who can have a home charger likely will be ideal users. I could make a small EV work for 90% of my driving. I make mostly 20 mile or less trips to shop. I have a private home and could have a home charger.

The biggest drawback currently is the cost. I would need to have an ICE as well. Likely a pickup. from what i read most EV owners currently have the EV as a toy or social statement and have an ICE or so for real driving.

I figure there are at least two groups behind the EV push. Some do believe in the dire predictions of doom which sadly are not completely unrealistic. We do have serious environmental problems currently and some likely future problems coming. I can and do sympathize with such folks and understand their need for hope.
I figure others with an agenda are banking on those fears while offering a largely false hope. Perhaps one of the few worthwhile outcomes of the recent Covid overreaches by formerly trusted authorities is many of us now have a healthy skepticism. Many of us now look behind the curtains. Pays to do so.

At least one other group are those in power who want to consolidate and increase their grip on that power. They will use and support EV's or green energy if such will help. They will use pandemics if such will help. The "tool" so to speak does not matter. A do not let a crisis go to waste attitude. EV's and green energy simply happen to be the flavors of the time. They do not necessarily believe the hype but are willing to use it. If you truly believe, do you jump on jet airplanes?

I read a fiction book a few years ago. Title was OUR DOGS DID NOT BARK. Forget the author just now. Helped me understand some better the evidence which was all around me. The signs were all there already. Best analogy might be the way we can look back after a divorce and realize we had missed so many signs before we said I DO. Funny how that works. Maybe a biological thing which clouds our minds and makes us think getting married is a good idea. There was a Captain Kirk (Shatner episode) where his mind was clouded by an alien woman. I am off track.

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Hello; So what is the alternative to a discussion about a push back against "draconian EV push"? Are we to be silenced about an important and life altering topic. EV's themselves and even "green" sources of energy are not political. That some "true believers" are convinced fossil fuels are evil and their EV agendas are lifesavers is not political.
I am convinced EV's would be pretty much of a nothing burger for a very long time if they had to rely on their merits alone. Might be that over time the problems would be worked out and they might eventually have a small share of transport on merits. Thing is the powers that be have been pushing the agendas well beyond any reasonable merits.

Now some members on here are keen to shut down talk and silence voices. Not because the talk slightly violates a forum rule. More because opposition speech harms their favored agendas. We saw that all too clearly during covid. I suspect your motives.
You're reading far too much into my sarcastic remark about a political post with a "no politics" warning on it. That's all I said about any of it. You are suspicious by your own fault, I'm only pointing out the irony of it, no more, no less. I'm saying nothing about the laws, the EVs or any of it. If you see more than that, that's your thing.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
You're reading far too much into my sarcastic remark about a political post with a "no politics" warning on it. That's all I said about any of it. You are suspicious by your own fault, I'm only pointing out the irony of it, no more, no less. I'm saying nothing about the laws, the EVs or any of it. If you see more than that, that's your thing.
Hello; Fair enough. I am suspicious to be sure. Guess you have the option to not take part in the discussion.

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Hello; Fair enough. I am suspicious to be sure. Guess you have the option to not take part in the discussion.
What is it you're suspicious of? What is it you think I'm up to?
Sponsored