Sponsored

Standard software part numbers for PCM & BCM needed

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
Hi everyone. I need to track down what the standard software part numbers should be for my car for both the Powertrain control module and body control module. They’ve both been tuned by a previous owner but I want to remove the tunes and go back to the software it came from the factory, problem is I don’t have any information on the tuner and googling the part numbers I’ve got off the ECU’s hasn’t helped.

The spec of the car is:
Market: United Kingdom
Model Year: 2017 (lightning blue pre-facelift)
Hand of drive: righ
Engine: V8
Transmission: automatic
Body style: convertible

Body control module software:
Core software
Calibration
Secondary boot loader (else I can’t flash the standard BCM SW back)

Powertrain control module software:
Core software
Calibration
Secondary bootloader

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iPace
@Thestangb are you able to help?

The UCDS update wizard page looks like this:
View attachment 341586

The current log from UCDS is:

<m module="BCM">
<d DID="F10A" Desc="ECU Cal-Config Part Number" Data="HR3T-14C636-DB"/>
<d DID="F110" Desc="On-line Diagnostic Database Reference Number" Data="DS-HU5T-14B476-AAM"/>
<d DID="F111" Desc="ECU Core Assembly Number" Data="HU5T-14F141-HAA"/>
<d DID="F113" Desc="ECU Delivery Assembly Number" Data="HU5T-14B476-HAA"/>
<d DID="F162" Desc="Software Download Specification Version" Data=""/>
<d DID="F163" Desc="Diagnostic Specification Version" Data="0x03"/>
<d DID="F16B" Desc="ECU Cal-Config #2 Part Number" Data="HU5T-14F391-AAA"/>
<d DID="F16C" Desc="ECU Cal-Config #3 Part Number" Data="HR3T-14F390-AAC"/>
<d DID="F16D" Desc="ECU Cal-Config #4 Part Number" Data="HR3T-14F389-AA"/>
<d DID="F16E" Desc="ECU Cal-Config #5 Part Number" Data="HR3T-14G163-HAA"/>
<d DID="F17D" Desc="ECU Cal-Config #6 Part Number" Data="HR3T-14G162-CA"/>
<d DID="F188" Desc="Vehicle Manufacturer ECU Software Number" Data="HU5T-14C184-AAJ"/>
</m>

<m module="PCM">
<d DID="F110" Desc="On-line Diagnostic Database Reference Number" Data=""/>
<d DID="F111" Desc="ECU Core Assembly Number" Data="FR3A-12B684-CLB"/>
<d DID="F113" Desc="ECU Delivery Assembly Number" Data="GR3A-12A650-BRA"/>
<d DID="F162" Desc="Software Download Specification Version" Data=""/>
<d DID="F163" Desc="Diagnostic Specification Version" Data="0x03"/>
<d DID="F188" Desc="Vehicle Manufacturer ECU Software Number" Data="HR3A-14C204-PE"/>
</m>

Thanks!

OP
OP
Tim_

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the look out for anyone with a matching spec car that can do a part number read either at a tuner, dealer or some other way will be just fine :thumbsup:

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
Just take your car to a dealer, and have them flash as-built back in...Problem solved

Also, if there are any different "hard parts" you will want to put those back to stock...If the car was tuned for parts installed, you can cause a whole bunch of issues by going back to stock.

OP
OP
Tim_

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just take your car to a dealer, and have them flash as-built back in...Problem solved

Also, if there are any different "hard parts" you will want to put those back to stock...If the car was tuned for parts installed, you can cause a whole bunch of issues by going back to stock.
That’s the problem, even the dealer can’t find the as built data.

Sponsored

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
That’s the problem, even the dealer can’t find the as built data.
They aren't doing it correctly then. It is part of the dealership diagnostic software (IDS). You manually ID the PCM using the tear tag, and then go to module reprogramming, then as-built data, then PCM. It's super easy to do. There is not any "finding" it. It is an automated process, which any competent dealer can do. It sounds like you are going to a dealer that doesn't know their *** from a hole in the ground, OR they just don't care.

OP
OP
Tim_

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They aren't doing it correctly then. It is part of the dealership diagnostic software (IDS). You manually ID the PCM using the tear tag, and then go to module reprogramming, then as-built data, then PCM. It's super easy to do. There is not any "finding" it. It is an automated process, which any competent dealer can do. It sounds like you are going to a dealer that doesn't know their *** from a hole in the ground, OR they just don't care.
Go on then, point me at someone who can do this.

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
Go on then, point me at someone who can do this.
Any Ford dealership. The step by step that I posted is how to do it using the Ford IDS software, which every dealership has...

OP
OP
Tim_

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any Ford dealership. The step by step that I posted is how to do it using the Ford IDS software, which every dealership has...
I’ve been to three separate places now, one of the most highly recommended in the country and none of them have been able to do it. So I’m not being funny but if you can point me at someone you know can do what you’re saying then please recommend away.

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
I'm in the USA, so I don't know any dealerships in the UK. I'm sorry but that is literally step by step how to do it using IDS...Not sure what they are doing wrong. I have done it hundreds of times.

Sponsored

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iPace
Is this in regard to the as-build config values (eg ), or the actual software itself? When he tries what you describe using UCDS (which granted, is not IDS), the software cannot recognise what is the stock (or latest) software version as it cannot recognise the software it is currently on. It's easy to re-programme the as-built values, but are you also saying it's just as easy to flash down the stock software (SBL, software, cal and as-built)?

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
Is this in regard to the as-build config values (eg ), or the actual software itself? When he tries what you describe using UCDS (which granted, is not IDS), the software cannot recognise what is the stock (or latest) software version as it cannot recognise the software it is currently on. It's easy to re-programme the as-built values, but are you also saying it's just as easy to flash down the stock software (SBL, software, cal and as-built)?

With IDS, once you manually ID the car using either the rear tag, pcm’s p/n or VIN, you can flash the factory pcm calibration back into the car through the as-built menu.

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iPace
With IDS, once you manually ID the car using either the rear tag, pcm’s p/n or VIN, you can flash the factory pcm calibration back into the car through the as-built menu.
Awesome, let's give that a try :)

FourdBanger18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
What if dealer (USA near DTLA) says he doesn’t know what “ids” is. I went asking for the updated flash of the BCM because of my partial tail light failure. All I got was a reset. Which I think was them unplugging the bcm and reconnecting it. What should I do
Sponsored