Sponsored

Squeak or high-pitch vibration on acceleration?

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Hey all,

I don't have any video since it's hard to hold my phone out the window at the same time as this happens. But when I moderately accelerate from a stop, I get this weird squeaking noise that almost sounds like a high-pitched rattle (with the window open). I don't get it under light acceleration and never notice it wide-open. It's an automatic, but under manual mode, I notice it most in 1st/2nd/3rd right around the 2500-3500 RPM area.

It seems like the loudest and highest pitch happens if I goose the gas in those RPM ranges. It almost seems like a loose motor mount that's letting something loose so it can rattle or something in the exhaust (which I checked and it seems tight). I don't get the noise under light acceleration up through the gears, and I don't notice it going WOT from a stop.

I'm not sure what it could be. Only noticed it about a month ago and haven't done anything to the car recently. Latest thing I did was add the PP2 in February. Anybody have any idea on anything I should check to tighten? Not sure I want the dealer monkeying around with it because it'd take them a decade to find the problem and then fix the wrong thing.
Sponsored

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
I am getting something similar on my 2017 and I also recently added the PP2. Mine is manual though. It seems worse with heat after driving for a while. I do not hear it if I accelerate slowly or if I floor it at low rpms and let it rev out. It is very noticeable if I am cruising around 3500 rpm in second or third gear and floor it. I can also replicate it if I blip the throttle abruptly in neutral when the engine is hot. I checked all the exhaust joints under the car. No other rattles or clunks. This one has me stumped as it seems like it it is totally dependent on how fast the rpms climb.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Sounds like the same thing I have then. Now that you mention it I do notice it more when it's warmer out, and I don't hear it at all with the windows up. Only thing I can think of is that the engine torquing at the middle RPMs is causing something to loosen a bit to create that high-pitched noise. Don't notice it under light load and past about 4k it seems to stop.

Thanks for replying.

Neborb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryce
Vehicle(s)
Premium 2020 Mustang GT
Sounds like the same thing I have then. Now that you mention it I do notice it more when it's warmer out, and I don't hear it at all with the windows up. Only thing I can think of is that the engine torquing at the middle RPMs is causing something to loosen a bit to create that high-pitched noise. Don't notice it under light load and past about 4k it seems to stop.

Thanks for replying.
Did you ever find a solution to this?
Sponsored