Sponsored

High pitch noise at startup

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Hey guys. I bought my first newer mustang this October. It is a 2019 GT PP1 with the A10. I love the car so far! I bought the car used and it has 14,000 miles on it. I have noticed that when I start it up it makes a high pitch whine. Once the car is warmed up it seems to go away. Is this something anyone has heard of or something I should get checked out? I'm coming from a '65 fastback that had all sorts of different noises and don't know really know what to expect with this car - thanks for the help!
Sponsored

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Very possibly tranny pump noises. Most of the 10spd autos I’ve heard make it. I hear it more in the garage or in drive throughs.

OP
OP
MNstang

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Interesting. Would tranny pump noises diminish when things get warmed up? It is always garaged and I don't notice it after I drive the car for a while. When it's cold and I start it in the garage is when I notice it the most...

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Interesting. Would tranny pump noises diminish when things get warmed up? It is always garaged and I don't notice it after I drive the car for a while. When it's cold and I start it in the garage is when I notice it the most...
Warm Mercon LV is thinner, so yes. The pump has to work harder with cold fluid.