Reaction score
Website
www.lhousephotography.com
First Name
Lane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium - Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I felt an immediate increase in turn in with the Steeda G-Trak brace, the front end felt more precise. Tires increased it even more.

As for automatic cars, I think most everyone recommends a tune. I've been very happy with Steeda and their suspension, I'm earmarking some funds for even more goodies for August or September. My first track day is coming up in July so I'll know if I want to spend the money on brakes or suspension bits first.
Sponsored

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
Get the lund flex tune , this is the most diverse and noticeable mod you can get For the money . You will love the low end torque and appreciate the top end pull .

FlyinHawaiian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Ruby Red
The 5.0's wheel gap looks awful. Good call with the springs. Edit your signature by clicking "Quick Links" at the top, and theres a button for editing signature.

OP
OP
jake-88

jake-88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium automatic select shift
Thanks! I think I might get a tune and skip on the cai after my springs. Will I miss out on anything if I don't get the cai? I just don't think it's worth the money if it doesn't make a huge difference

Sponsored

FlyinHawaiian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Ruby Red
^ Agreed, I had an intake and went back to a drop in filter. If you like the aftermarket look to your car + the whooshing noise then you'll like the intake, but there's no significant performance gain from them in my opinion and I'm sure many others agree

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Thanks! I think I might get a tune and skip on the cai after my springs. Will I miss out on anything if I don't get the cai? I just don't think it's worth the money if it doesn't make a huge difference
No big difference, just sound and looks as others have said. From a functional perspective a tune will be the most beneficial bolt-on mod you'll spend your $$$ on. A CAI can be a nice addition down the line when you have other mods but as a first mod it's mostly an aesthetic choice. Remember that a tune will probably void your warranty, if that matters to you.

OP
OP
jake-88

jake-88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No big difference, just sound and looks as others have said. From a functional perspective a tune will be the most beneficial bolt-on mod you'll spend your $$$ on. A CAI can be a nice addition down the line when you have other mods but as a first mod it's mostly an aesthetic choice. Remember that a tune will probably void your warranty, if that matters to you.
Cool so it looks like my next mod will be a lund tune with nguage tuner. Don't really care about warranty because my factory Is up in about 4k miles anyway..so once I hit 30k I will more then likely get the tune

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Hi All,
Just giving my feedback as I just added CAI and tune to my GT/CS last weekend. [pic below, before I removed the sound tube] I got everything from Livernois Motorsports and went with the Severe Windstorm CAI and the My Calibrator tuner plus the coolant tank. Anyhow at first before I changed anything I liked the stock sound that the under hood tube made. Then I installed a Serve Windstorm CAI with the tube still connected and oh my god, the noise was so loud I couldn't heard the exhaust etc at all even had to turn the radio up.. So I capped it of with the parts that came with the CAI and now it sounds great! I actually like it better than the stock sound it sounds like its the engine under the hood [which it is] but not in the car like the tube kinda was..Driving it with just CAI it seemed just a little quicker but maybe that was just the noise.. Once I added the 93 octane tune I can tell it makes a bunch more power but how much I don't really know as I haven't dyno'd it or been to the track etc. More on the tune, stock I just didn't seem to have a good feel with the gas pedal. The car is a manual so driving a stick with out good gas pedal feel I just didn't like it, I felt unconnected to it somehow?? I was always giving it too much or too little throttle taking off, shifting gears etc and I've been driving Mustang sticks forever.. Anyway after the tune now it's great! I feel connected and I can control the throttle much better and its easier and a much smoother drive. It also seems like the front end rises up more and faster and pulls harder when I get on it so its probably got more torque too. I also once hit the rev limiter stock [just testing it.] and the car like shut down and nose dived hard and stayed running, but now with the tune it just shutters like a MSD rev limiter and doesn't lose all power just some. I like that much better!! I'm sure that alone will make it faster at the track if I wind it up a little too much. Which is easy to do because it revs and pulls so hard I never want to lift.. [my bad I guess] .All in all I spent about 3 hours doing all of it and I got out just what I hoped or expected so I am very happy with all of it. I like the stock height on mine and have to be careful with driveways now so I'd do the tune and CAI.....
That is a really nice looking kit! I have the Airaid and can't help but notice the similarities between the two. It really brings out the engine compartment!! I think I like the colors of yours better than the Airaid, lol!!

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As the "pariah" of this forum and probably the most hated guy, I had to drop in and give my opinion. I would say you can't go wrong either way whichever you choose first. And it also depends on your intended use for the car. I have a vert so as of now I am limited with the suspension mods that are available. I won't lower my car because I am 6'2" and 230 pounds. If I wasn't soo tall, I'd for sure lower it. And I was interested in the Steeda rear subframe IRS braces as well as the Steeda G-Trac K member brace. The G-Trac brace will fit but for now I have to hold off on the subframe braces as they are not compatible. Eventually I will upgrade my sway bars and the shocks and struts. But since my GT has only about 2400 miles on it, I wanna get some more time and use outta the stock ones. Plus I don't really use it on a circle track so any upgrades will just be for better road handling. I am also looking into a stop-the-hop package and the anti-roll kit. But I'm not really sure how far I will go with it. I don't want the ride soo harsh that I can't enjoy a nice cruise with the top down.

If you go with a cai then the best advice I can give you is to expect NO hp or performance gains whatsoever from any of them. With that in mind, spend your money on one accordingly so that you won't be disappointed. I'll say that what I paid for my Airaid CAI was well worth it. The looks alone is worth it. Outside of that, any performance gains or not, that is up to others to debate. But I am very happy with my purchase. A tune will void your warranty so keep that in mind when you go looking for one.

Either way, whatever you do, it is your car and the only thing that matters is how well you enjoy it and if you feel your money is well spent. I'll say that if anything seems questionable, then find it used for a cheap price. That way you can try it out and if you don't like it then you can just resell it...and maybe even make a few bucks on top of that, lol!!! Good luck!!

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, and always shop around. The vendors here have great deals available. You wouldn't believe some of the prices I was offered and quoted. It never hurts to ask!!

OP
OP
jake-88

jake-88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, and always shop around. The vendors here have great deals available. You wouldn't believe some of the prices I was offered and quoted. It never hurts to ask!!
Thanks for the advice. I will make sure to!

OP
OP
jake-88

jake-88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I got the springs installed today..look great but have noticed a grinding noise on a hard right turn. The alignment shop said is wasn't the tire. Any idea?

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Cool so it looks like my next mod will be a lund tune with nguage tuner. Don't really care about warranty because my factory Is up in about 4k miles anyway..so once I hit 30k I will more then likely get the tune
Lund is a good choice and very popular around here. He's also possibly the best for the automatic, which you have.

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
Does the powertrain warranty not run 5yrs/60,000 miles?
Sponsored