Sponsored

Sport vs touring

tommyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP manual
Hi. I have decided to install an axleback and I am leaning towards a Borla setup. The Atak might be too loud for me.
So it's between the sport and the touring. Has anyone heard them both? Your imput is appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Axleback won’t be too loud. Chop out the resonaor will increase volume, but any axleback will sound good and not be overly loud. Between atak touring there will be some volume.

I think cjpp or American muscle has videos of them before after install

Axle back - mild
Axle back + resonator delete, louder
Axleback + resonator delete + catted dp louder
axleback + resonator delete + catlsss dp, wake the dead

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
First, I replaced the OEM resonator with an X-pipe, and it sounded better, but not enough. I added Borla S-type AB's and love them. They're loud when you get on it, and not too much when you don't.

With AB's it's easy to tell how loud they will be by the size of the actual muffler. Touring will have the largest, and something like the Atak it will be almost non-existent.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
First, I replaced the OEM resonator with an X-pipe, and it sounded better, but not enough. I added Borla S-type AB's and love them. They're loud when you get on it, and not too much when you don't.

With AB's it's easy to tell how loud they will be by the size of the actual muffler. Touring will have the largest, and something like the Atak it will be almost non-existent.
We are ecoboost, we don’t have x pipes

all we have are resonator or y pipe. I’m assuming you was talking about as a gt
Sponsored