Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a new MMD splitter from American Muscle couple weeks ago I went to install it over the weekend and had no real issues until I went to put the engine aero pan back on it fits perfect to the splitter front and rear, but there is a two inch gap on both sides. My first contact with AM, it was thought that it might be a 15-17 that was mis-boxed. (I had doubts because the bumper covers are too different from what I see.) The second splitter was the same. Per their request, I sent pictures that show the pan clearly not meeting the splitter. My dilemma is this:

1. The MMD part is made wrong, or an entire bunch of parts for another model was wrongly packaged. Not likely because they would have known about it long before I found it out.

2. There is a way to install it that I don't know about. Even less likely since I do know a fair amount about mechanics from years of experience.

3. Ford made a running change on the Performance Pack pan and splitter without a reason. Why the heck would they do that?

So my dilemma is if the MMD splitter does not work, not knowing why could have me trying other splitters only to send them back after a couple of hours under the car. At my age, not as easy as I would like.:headbang::curse::crazy:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bear376

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
Moderator, wrong place for this. Please move it.

Deleted member 35775

I installed the MMD front splitter on my '19 GT PP1 and i don't see any gaps on the sides. if you post pictures of your fitment, i'll compare to my setup and let you know how mine looks. did you ask AM if there's a difference between the GT PP and EP PP belly pan?
Sponsored