Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT PP1 splitter and side rails

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 Mustang GT PP1. MY car has the XPEL film and ceramic on it. I wash my car fortnightly, with CarPro reset, due to the XPEL film. But, I was curious about some cleaning materials.

For the front splitter and side rails, those dark grey plastic parts, what is the 'best' product to use to give them a little shine, to reinvigorate them?

Thanks all
Ivan
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I was thinking you could use something like "Back to Black". The only problem is it doesn't really last that long. I'm still deciding if I want to get rid of the gray plastic and go with either a gloss black or Carbon Fiber. I'm interesting in what is suggested.

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess this, "303 Multi-Surface Cleaner", would suffice, too, no?

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
There a couple of ways to tackle these unpainted trims.

I have seen them Ceramic coated, something like CarPro Dlux https://carpro.global/catalog/cquartz-dlux/

I have also used CarPro Reload, this UV protects as well as adding depth to the look.

IMG-4868.jpg

Untreated on the left, treated on the right.
IMG-4869.jpg

But my favorite is 303 Aerospace Protectant. This product provides UV protection and leaves a nice matte appearance. Being water based, I apply this after each wash. CarPro Perl is a similar product that also works well but I prefer the ease of application of 303.

IMG-E1261.jpg

IMG-1276.jpg

Depending on how long you want each application to last will determine which path to take. I like the process of applying at each wash so the 303 is my choice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is good information; thanks.
I merely would like it to last about a fortnight, i.e. till my next car wash. Doesn't need to be a month.

There a couple of ways to tackle these unpainted trims.

I have seen them Ceramic coated, something like CarPro Dlux https://carpro.global/catalog/cquartz-dlux/

I have also used CarPro Reload, this UV protects as well as adding depth to the look.

IMG-4868.jpg

Untreated on the left, treated on the right.
IMG-4869.jpg

But my favorite is 303 Aerospace Protectant. This product provides UV protection and leaves a nice matte appearance. Being water based, I apply this after each wash. CarPro Perl is a similar product that also works well but I prefer the ease of application of 303.

IMG-E1261.jpg

IMG-1276.jpg

Depending on how long you want each application to last will determine which path to take. I like the process of applying at each wash so the 303 is my choice.