Sponsored

Spied: 2015/16 SVT Mustang (GT350/GT500) s550

Fordman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Taurus
I heard that there's going to be a turbo 5.0 coyote:eyebulge:, is this true!?!
Sponsored

crysalis_01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Terminator Cobra
Trinity is done. Modular is basically done for that matter. Durability isn't the problem. Anything bigger won't fit in the car. Forget the 6.2. Neither the block nor it's manifolds would fit in the car.
Look back at my post, I never said the 6.2 would go into the Mustang. I simply said that in order to get more than 5.2L reliably into Mustang, there would either have to be a taller deck Coyote (not ideal because longer strokes does not equal an engine happy to run a very high rpm). . . Or a short deck version of the Boss 6.2L (this would narrow the motor but keep the wider bore spacing for more bore, meaning a better chance of fitment).

mister.peabodyjunior

Threads
Reaction score
Look back at my post, I never said the 6.2 would go into the Mustang. I simply said that in order to get more than 5.2L reliably into Mustang, there would either have to be a taller deck Coyote (not ideal because longer strokes does not equal an engine happy to run a very high rpm). . . Or a short deck version of the Boss 6.2L (this would narrow the motor but keep the wider bore spacing for more bore, meaning a better chance of fitment).
Never said you did, just pointing out that it's not happening. No shape or form.

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
Mister.Peabodyjunior,
Please let the powers that be, I WANT a FI Cobra/GT500. Not only do I want one, that is what I will buy. I will be buying a stablemate for the GT500 in '18/19, but it has to be FI (whether it be a Mustang or other).

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
I so much like the idea of a hi-revving NA V8. If they did it with the Boss, they can do it more with the next motor. Call it a GT350, put in the flat-pane crank, 'muscle car sound' be damned. There's no reason the Mustang can't be a modern sports car.

Offer a GT500 for the people who want it. I would rather have a light, modern NA sports car.

Sponsored

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Where's this video at? If taken on public roads, I don't see why it can't be posted.

DBCooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Ford marketing is probably pretty busy these days. They haven't finished it yet.

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Where's this video at? If taken on public roads, I don't see why it can't be posted.
Seriously.

We were told there was a video as well with the spy pics of the front revealed. Where is that video? Why haven't these videos been released?

I get there are many reasons as to why it might not have been posted yet, but a lack of an explanation or response to the various inquiries why lead me to believe there is something being hidden beyond just the video itself.

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The original video quality was very poor. Trying to get something better, but don't know timing yet.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The original video quality was very poor. Trying to get something better, but don't know timing yet.
I'd take something over nothing. But it's your site, and your rules, so I respect that :)

Callie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT Convertible
Thanks Jarstang. I, for one, can wait for better video.

I'm not sure what everyone is expecting to hear but I will bet money it just sounds like a deep throated V8.... not gonna sound like an exotic, no way no how.