91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
This is a big question for me too. Unless significant weight is shed, without the help of FI, I'm really curious to see how they're going to achieve the muscle that will be expected for the halo model (especially since it will be compared to the 662hp GT500) to make the straight line guys happy. Handling, suspension, brakes, etc will be great for corner carving and overall performance but unless they are going to completely abandon its muscle car identity I can't see them not offering any FI options at the top of the range.
it's not just about the weight, FI cars, IMO, are the modern equivalent of the big block. While my car is first and foremost a street car, I do love drag racing and the ease with which you can make ridiculous amounts of horsepower on a car that comes from the factory with FI, makes it extremely attractive. Example, a TVS upgrade for a GT500 is ~3500, a tvs for a coyote is 6k+. Add in factory forged components and driving dynamics setup from the factory for the additional weight on the nose, and there is no comparison. The GT350 sounds awesome, but I really hope they follow the 60's line up and offer both. Time will tell, but I know what I will spend my money on.
Sponsored

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
The S197 GT500 is not a coyote engine, its the modular 5.4 bored out. Old engine platform. S197 GT is a coyote engine, 5.0.
We know that. Trinity and Condor didn't have much in common with Coyote. The Shelby American GT350 uses a lot of FRPP bits added to the engine and suspension, like the Whipple blower kit.

aardvark

Hey guys, seeing the spy photos that more resembles the line svt cobra could well look like this. I've been careful and I've only put my style wheels everything else despite having no reference to the fusion but that is the closest to the actual vehicle. Despite all that covers the car spied at the rear lines is clearly similar to this render.:ford:

image.jpg

Looks pretty good, but seems like a bit too much rear overhang.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The S197 GT500 is not a coyote engine, its the modular 5.4 bored out. Old engine platform. S197 GT is a coyote engine, 5.0.
Yep, I'm aware of that. Read my post again, I was referring to the current GT350 which does use a supercharged Coyote :)

Sponsored

Mustangz

Threads
Reaction score
Well, I better start saving now... D*** I want one! This thing looks great. Also, I just got back from a break, that's why my I WANT ONE post is so late.

Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
I appreciate your reply, John. I completely agree that the car needs to have enough trunk space for a weekend vacation for two, say. And I overlooked that when I said that cutting 3"-6" off the rear would make the car look better, to my tastes. I do hope the S550 has less rear overhang than JC's last render shows, yet still has 'sufficient' storage capacity. I think it's doable.

Richardson

I have heard 5.2L NA ("voodoo" engine) for the GT350 and 5.8L NA for a future SVT Cobra maybe in 2018-2020. No more S/C's.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I have heard 5.2L NA ("voodoo" engine) for the GT350 and 5.8L NA for a future SVT Cobra maybe in 2018-2020. No more S/C's.
5.8..........as in the Trinity? Or a further development of the Voodoo?

crysalis_01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Terminator Cobra
5.8..........as in the Trinity? Or a further development of the Voodoo?
Trinity is done. And the only way to pull off anything more than 5.2L in the Coyote block would more thank likely lead to potential problems with durability the Ford will not take the chance on. No the only way would be to make a tall deck version of the Coyote, or a short deck version of the Boss 6.2L. The latter seems like the better option, keeps the stroke/bore ratio better in line. Obviously it'd have to be cast in aluminium as opposed to the iron the 6.2 is cast from.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
It would take some serious cash to develop TiVCT on the Trinity. I expect, if the GT500 is needed, it will be perhaps an FI Coyote/Voodoo based power train. That's only because the sole intention of a possible GT500 is to make an impact beyond the GT350 (a 2-3 year old model by then).

The Coyote has yet to use PTWA cylinders, and those make a huge difference in displacement alone for what they really are. The 3rd or 4th Gen Coyote could see that technology when direct injection goes on... DI is also needed for a proper Ecoboost GT500 (Corvette going turbo as well) so, we won't see the big numbers until that happens...

mister.peabodyjunior

Threads
Reaction score
Trinity is done. And the only way to pull off anything more than 5.2L in the Coyote block would more thank likely lead to potential problems with durability the Ford will not take the chance on. No the only way would be to make a tall deck version of the Coyote, or a short deck version of the Boss 6.2L. The latter seems like the better option, keeps the stroke/bore ratio better in line. Obviously it'd have to be cast in aluminium as opposed to the iron the 6.2 is cast from.
Trinity is done. Modular is basically done for that matter. Durability isn't the problem. Anything bigger won't fit in the car. Forget the 6.2. Neither the block nor it's manifolds would fit in the car.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yes, I had a feeling Trinity was on its last outing............and very much doubt the 6.2 would meet the needs of a new generation of Mustang.

I can see, perhaps in the twilight years of S550, we'll see a smaller displacement V8 with turbos, much like the Germans are currently doing.
Sponsored