Sponsored

Spied: 2015/16 SVT Mustang (GT350/GT500) s550

Jc Desing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 500 2013
There were so many more I hide I see mostly clear lines front and rear. So I'm going to start it. In eta occasion I will be faithful to the original so parked other work fails
:ford:
Sponsored

yanks1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT/Calif Special Vert
thanks for sharing these and for pointing out some of the details. Love all the comments so far also. I also love Michelin Pilot Sports, have them on my 330ci with OEM 18" wheels and they handle great & wear well for a sporty tire

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
Really hoping what we're seeing is an SVT/SVO variant rather than a Shelby.

Looks like 4 piston rears with 13" rotors. Liking the front wheel well side vents!

MYs197

Really hoping what we're seeing is an SVT/SVO variant rather than a Shelby.

Looks like 4 piston rears with 13" rotors. Liking the front wheel well side vents!
Agree - hopefully those rumors about the GT350 being straight from Ford are true.

Those brakes and wheels are looking mighty good. I'm surprised to see the GT350 testing so early since i didnt think we would get it until '16/17. You guys think this means we see it for 2015?

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
The Shelby (GT500) IS a SVT variant, the Only thing Shelby on it is the lettering on the trunk.

Sponsored

GTsquid

evos-interior-01.jpg

Better have HIDs!

Scary since it's so obvious on this one but not so much on the other prototypes. Altho I cant remember if the lights were on in the other pics.
2015 Mustang GT350 prototype.jpg

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Wow!!! Looks like the SVT car will be done about the same time the base and GT are. Fingers crossed for a '15 GT350. The SVT car already looks distinct... That is a lot of tire... Thank god the Goodyear curse is over!!!!

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
I'm psychic. I posted a while back that the front wheels would have side scoops/heat extractors, and someone responded saying "NO".

Checkmate. XD

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
Why that lower panel under the rear? To hide the IRS which most everyone who cares already knows is there?
Im guessing production car will likely have a functional diffuser there. Could be monitoring differential temps without running a full diffuser on the prototype?

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
The Shelby (GT500) IS a SVT variant, the Only thing Shelby on it is the lettering on the trunk.

OK...you're correct.

What I meant by that was, that I hope we're moving away from the Shelby name plate and going back to more of a strictly SVT/SVO badging.

Just my $.02 worth.

Sponsored

MYs197

oldguy.png

NewSpin18.jpg

I gotta say the way the side vent cuts up from the rear fender is definitely reminding me of the need for speed hero stang.
2015 svt gt350 mustang -1.jpg
01-need-for-speed-shelby-gt500.jpg

stangray11

Wow!!! Looks like the SVT car will be done about the same time the base and GT are. Fingers crossed for a '15 GT350. The SVT car already looks distinct... That is a lot of tire... Thank god the Goodyear curse is over!!!!
This would be highly surprising as there's no reason to have the SVT out the first year. They don't need the sales or the hype and they could benefit from waiting to work out any first year kinks.

stangray11

Anyone else seeing a staggered wheel set up or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
Anyone else seeing a staggered wheel set up or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
Looks like it to me too but the front wheels look deeper set just based on how concave it is. That cant be right tho..... maybe it's just more distortion from the long camera lense.

stangray11

Agreed.

What I'd really like to know is why these guys never get video if they said the engine sounded really good. Since those rumors about the flat plane crank many of us want to know what the performance variant sounds like.
Sponsored