Sponsored

Speed By Design MSD 2-Step Testing on our Twin-Turbo 2015 GT (VIDEO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
MSD 2-Step (aka Boost Off The Line/ Anti-lag) is installed ;)

She's ready to 60 ft, 1/4 mile testing tomorrow!

[ame]https://vimeo.com/142014710[/ame]
Sponsored

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
What did you do to get the tranny shifting? How long will it take for the tuning to catch up?

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Holy hell. My evo never launched like that ;)

OP
OP

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
What did you do to get the tranny shifting? How long will it take for the tuning to catch up?
Tuning is there, but not everyone appears to have the tools or full knowledge/experience yet on the 2015+ to properly dial them in.

We have brought on a new tuner this week who has vast experience tuning the 6R80 in the 2015. The car is now a night and day improvement in the shifting department.

Justin did a fanatic job in the WOT tuning of our car, but he's been learning the 2015 platform with this car and the learning curve is still steep. No question with more experience he and everyone else will figure them out over the next few months. It's zero shot at his abilities, as he's clearly proven his prowess on the 11-14 platform with his world record setting car.

Quality tuning comes from experience. Experience comes from volume and most simply don't have that many Forced Induction 2015+ GT under their belt.

I'll have an announcement soon on whose taken the reigns ;)

Sponsored

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
Tuning is there, but not everyone appears to have the tools or full knowledge/experience yet on the 2015+ to properly dial them in.

We have brought on a new tuner this week who has vast experience tuning the 6R80 in the 2015. The car is now a night and day improvement in the shifting department.

Justin did a fanatic job in the WOT tuning of our car, but he's been learning the 2015 platform with this car and the learning curve is still steep. No question with more experience he and everyone else will figure them out over the next few months. It's zero shot at his abilities, as he's clearly proven his prowess on the 11-14 platform with his world record setting car.

Quality tuning comes from experience. Experience comes from volume and most simply don't have that many Forced Induction 2015+ GT under their belt.

you tease lol!

Kryckter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Yeah I'd like to know who you have tuning it now... ;)

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
any info on the 2 step with hook up and install?

OP
OP

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert

Sponsored

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
I'm surprised during burnout, it wasn't hitting redline to cut the engine off. I couldn't hear it from the video. But solid performance from the turbos.

Hopefully the fabricator will maintain the same fabrication and welding quality we saw a while back.

A few years ago there was another vendor who outsourced the fabrication, after the second batch, the quality went down the hill. The original demos were great. Once volume picked up, you could see holes in the welding, the pipes got thin and etc.
So Chris, you need to be vigilant so your reputation won't get hosed... :-)

OP
OP

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
OP
OP

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
I'm surprised during burnout, it wasn't hitting redline to cut the engine off. I couldn't hear it from the video. But solid performance from the turbos.

Hopefully the fabricator will maintain the same fabrication and welding quality we saw a while back.

A few years ago there was another vendor who outsourced the fabrication, after the second batch, the quality went down the hill. The original demos were great. Once volume picked up, you could see holes in the welding, the pipes got thin and etc.
So Chris, you need to be vigilant so your reputation won't get hosed... :-)
We're likely moving to castings, as we cast every other turbo kit we sell currently.

I'm more concerned about being able to keep up with demand, than I am quality control to be honest.

Manufacturing is our bread & butter. :cheers:

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
We're likely moving to castings, as we cast every other turbo kit we sell currently.

I'm more concerned about being able to keep up with demand, than I am quality control to be honest.

Manufacturing is our bread & butter. :cheers:
As I'm sure you're an experienced manufacturer, best way to deal with demand, is to be up front with client on ETA to set a reasonable expectation, and maintain top quality, and you will have a smoother start.
If you can't fulfill an order, don't take an order, and the right customer will appreciate and waits for you.

That's always been my way, not to dig my own hole.
:thumbsup: :cheers:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.