rb92gt

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
does Auto Authority sell the needed spacers too? didn't see anything mentioned on their site
Yes, as part of their kits. They claim if you select your vehicle everything is included to make it work, period. This is why I'm surprised by the reply above stating 3mm and 6mm spacers are needed. I am guessing it was purchased for another vehicle and they are trying to make it work with the GT350, such as the tire size is exactly right with the same diameter as GT350 tires (which is crucial to not cause damage to the torsen diff), and maybe the wheel width is right to make it fit in the wheel well for storage, but the backspacing is off not allowing clearance of the big ass Brembos... Otherwise I would imagine they would have simply returned it, way too expensive if it wasn't perfect, hell a spare rim with balanced tire for most cars is $200 max on eBay if new, $50 used, lol.
Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Can you explain in further detail as I'm looking for something like this to put on my car for winter storage
We provide the option to build a matching full size spare whenever someone orders a set of Signature Wheels. We build it an offset that will clear front to rear without a spacer, with the finish/design being the same as the set you ordered.

Thank you for the reply. I want it to fit in my spare tire wheel well. I am planning on getting new lighter wheels when I need new tires, so will have 4 full size spares then, lol.
The 4 spares wont do you any good away from home. The main benefit is being able to pop that matching spare in your trunk on a long road trip, as opposed to a full sized wheel/tire that will only fit on the front or rear. It should fit in the well, but not flush under the trunk mat. My guess would be that the provided fix a flat setup would be used for around town driving, and the spare only comes into play on long trips. If you lose a tire, this spare will still match the car, and you wont have to worry about it not being able to handle road conditions. Plus if you are at the track the spare is a great way to finish up your track day :-)

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
FYI, I have a full size matching wheel/tire in my trunk and of course it does not lay flush but it's not that bad. I have a wheel cover over it and a black towel so you can barely see it. It would be nice to have something flatter though.

tom185

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
My solution was to buy a tire repair kit on Amazon for cheap. This is not the solution to fix all flats, but since punctures are the most prevalent cause, it should work 90% of the time. Simple to do and takes next to no room in the trunk. With that said I have yet needed to use it.
I did the same. Every tire issue I've had the past several years has been a puncture (nails and bolts most prevalent). I also keep a heavy-duty plier and a beefy diagonal cutter in the trunk with the repair kit to pull out whatever punctures the tire. I haven't used it yet either but peace of mind: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0080IJYVK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

emonster6x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scooter
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1; 1999 C43 AMG
I put the Equus 19" spare on my 2018 PP1 car, BUT it has to be bored out to 70.66mm/2.782" to fit the Mustang hub. It clears the Brembo brakes in the front too! I got the spare on eBay for $175.00.
Sponsored