Spare Wheel and Tire Options

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Anyone know if the kit below will work for the GT350? The seller claims it will fit the rear only, but if have a flat on the front could swap a good rear wheel/tire to the front and place this on the rear. Any truth to this as a temporary solution just to get home, obviously the front and rear tires/wheels/offsets are different so wouldn't want to do this for long, but would it rub anywhere? Less than half the price of kits meant specifically for the GT350, and if shop around I see you can get it for the $200 range shipped!

With my Steeda Jacking rails when I place a jack in the center of the rail the entire side of the vehicle easily lifts so would be relatively easy to swap front/rear.

And maybe a 5 lug 25mm spacer would prevent the need to swap rear to front?

https://ebay.us/rme0hR

Thanks, and if you have any better ideas I'm all ears! Not worth $500 IMO.
Sponsored

Last edited:

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
18" wheel is the issue. I imagine it will have trouble clearing the caliper. I do not know any any 18" wheel options for this car that work.

If you had a 19" spare like the Automotive Authority one, then that would work on the front with a 1" spacer.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
We can build a full size matching spare along with a set of wheels. It will bolt on front to rear as a 19x8

dstanky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP California Special
Can you explain in further detail as I'm looking for something like this to put on my car for winter storage

OP
OP
rb92gt

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
We can build a full size matching spare along with a set of wheels. It will bolt on front to rear as a 19x8
Thank you for the reply. I want it to fit in my spare tire wheel well. I am planning on getting new lighter wheels when I need new tires, so will have 4 full size spares then, lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rb92gt

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Update: I am now trying to avoid using a spacer as there is an issue- You need a second person to press the brake in the car to keep the hub from turning while the spacer is bolted down. This makes the AutomotiveAuthority kit unacceptable to me.

I am also concerned about the kit from ebay I mentioned above because the wheel/tire diameter is significantly different from the wheels/tires on the car, would be bad to have this on one side and the larger stock size on the other side...

Last edited:

dstanky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP California Special
Understood, i think we're looking for similar rims/tires.

@50 Deep , I think you may have multiple inquiries for the spare thought. As I'm interested in a full spare tire set for storage purposes.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
The ebay one looks like the oem half assed solution, which does not match tire diameter but fits great in the trunk wheel well, lol

OP
OP
rb92gt

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
The ebay one looks like the oem half assed solution, which does not match tire diameter but fits great in the trunk wheel well, lol
You are right, it needs to be a 155/70-19 like the one from Automotive authority to have the same diameter as the stock wheels/tires. I just spoke with Travis from Automotive Authority and he said you just need to include a screwdriver in your trunk, in case you are alone with no one to press the brake pedal down, insert the screwdriver into a vent in the rotor to keep it from spinning while tightening the spacer up front... Guess this is the best solution to date.

Last edited:

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
I went with the Automotive Authority setup, found a deal on the wheel/spacer on the forum. I have the screwdriver but also have a Harbor Freight pry bar that I can place between the lugs and two old lugnuts that will keep me from damaging the threads. Most of the time I have my wife with me in the car, doubt I will need either. I have the jack and the rest of the supplies in a Ford Performance tool bag. Also had room in the bag for the inflator that came with the car. It is expensive but works as advertised.

Sponsored

gww52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
GT500
I went with automotive authority wheels and I'm not very happy with the fit.
The wheel will not fit front or rear without a spacer on a GT350.
Bought a pair of 3mm spacers to make it all work.
A single 3mm is needed for rear and 6mm for front to make it all fit.
On top of that the 6.5" rim will not let the trunk floor lay flat even with the tire fully deflated.
Buyer beware.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
My solution was to buy a tire repair kit on Amazon for cheap. This is not the solution to fix all flats, but since punctures are the most prevalent cause, it should work 90% of the time. Simple to do and takes next to no room in the trunk. With that said I have yet needed to use it.

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
On top of that the 6.5" rim will not let the trunk floor lay flat even with the tire fully deflated.
Buyer beware.
I had no issue getting the trunk floor to lay flat, fully inflated. I had a GT500 and on one of the 500 forums there was a thread about this kit. I don't know if there is inconsistency in the tire size or the actual tire well in the car. Either way, it was the same experience, some would fit fine, others not. I had a sidewall blowout on the 500 and I guess that experience is what led me to try the spare tire kit instead of relying on a plug and inflator. But as noted above, that would cover most issues.

OP
OP
rb92gt

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Buyer beware.
Odd, If I were you I would definitely talk to Automotive Authority. Many on here have fit theirs in the trunk with the floor level and you are the only one saying they don't fit the rear.

TXRickC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
does Auto Authority sell the needed spacers too? didn't see anything mentioned on their site
Sponsored