Sponsored

Spare tire for 2019 Mustang

eric66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Camaro SS, T-top, Borla,SLP Y
My 2015 Mustang was ordered with a tire and rim and did not require a air pump. the 2019 is coming with an air pump.So what happens when you have a side wall blowout in the Rocky Mountains? Automotive Authority sells a wheel and tire spare that is supposed to fit most Mustangs regardless of the wheel and tire combination . Does this mean the diameter is the same for all wheel/tire applications?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
My 2015 Mustang was ordered with a tire and rim and did not require a air pump. the 2019 is coming with an air pump.So what happens when you have a side wall blowout in the Rocky Mountains? Automotive Authority sells a wheel and tire spare that is supposed to fit most Mustangs regardless of the wheel and tire combination . Does this mean the diameter is the same for all wheel/tire applications?
Why not take the spare and jack from the 15 and put it in your 19? That's what I did. I never measured the diameter of the spare vs. my current 19. That said I'm sure there will be no problem for a short distance. Now i do not have a PP1 or 2. That's a different story. For that you need the spare from AA.

Do not, under any circumstances trust the pump. As many have pointed out before me, it's junk.

Mr. Brutus

Mr. Brutus
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brutus
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby
The problem is the ford OEM spare tire won't clear Brembos. There are a lot of threads and previous posts on this. The AA solution has been the only (albeit pricey) option if you want a full function (same diameter) spare that will fit on all four corners with the Perf Pack Brembos.

Sponsored

Kleiss1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
I’ve seen some on eBay cheaper

emdavis197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 5.0 *Velocity Blue* (The fastest color)
I picked up one of these from eBay. No way I am trusting that electric pump thingy with built-in Fix-a-Flat liquid if a tire goes down.

**I do not believe that the unit linked above works for PP / Brembo package so please do your homework. I have the base wheels and brakes. I'm sure there are options out there for the larger brakes but not sure how they fit in the Mustang trunk.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
If you have Brembo's on the front this is the only spare that will work. It will, of course, work the rear as well.

MUSTANG GT SPARE TIRE
Spare Tire Solution for Mustang GT's equipped with Brembo Brakes. This spare tire will fit over the performance package's large brembo brakes on the front and rear of the Mustang and still fit in the trunk under the floor board.
Sort by

2015-2017_Ford_Mustang_GT_Spare_Tire_compact.png

2007-2019 Ford Mustang GT Performance Package Spare Tire Kit

REGULAR PRICE$409.99

https://www.automotiveauthorityllc.com/collections/mustang-gt-spare-tire-1

Last edited:

Kleiss1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
If you have a flat front swap a wheel and put the cheap spare on the rear.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Ford spare and tool kit one I got cheap on Ebay, if I ever upgraded to front PP, I can still use it anyway for the rears and move a rear to the front if front is flat... what is the stock spare tire sizing? I know its an 18x5 wheel, it seems the diameter of the tire is safe 235/50R18 or 255/40R19 square set ups.

I think I saw that Ford stated it is not on the PP not just because it does not clear the fronts, but does not pair correctly with the PP summer rear 275/40/19 diameter and would mess with the drive axle.

I guess I am ok even if I had the PP brembos upgrade since I am running square stock 255/40/19 and placing the factory spare on the rear, so I think for PP, you need the auto anything style spare to match closer for the rear 275/40/19 as well as clear the fronts? but should anyone avoid spares on front of cars anyway due to extra engine weight and steering behavior?

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
If you have Brembo's on the front this is the only spare that will work. It will, of course, work the rear as well.

MUSTANG GT SPARE TIRE
Spare Tire Solution for Mustang GT's equipped with Brembo Brakes. This spare tire will fit over the performance package's large brembo brakes on the front and rear of the Mustang and still fit in the trunk under the floor board.
Sort by

2015-2017_Ford_Mustang_GT_Spare_Tire_compact.png

2007-2019 Ford Mustang GT Performance Package Spare Tire Kit

REGULAR PRICE$40999

https://www.automotiveauthorityllc.com/collections/mustang-gt-spare-tire-1

Bikeman... $40999 for a spare tire??? does the mustang come free with purchase?? lol:cwl:

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Anyone know why it does not work with the 20 inch wheels? Different diameter possibly?