Sponsored

Solution: SYNC (Basic) and Bluetooth Connectivity

Zeenobit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang 3.7L V6
I figured I should post this here for anyone else who might stumble upon this issue, because it's a huge pain in the ass.

Problem:

Your Bluetooth SYNC compatible phone suddenly refuses to maintain connection for music streaming. Specifically, what happened to me was I would pair my phone successfully, I could call people and receive calls, but as soon as I tried to play music, SYNC would automatically disconnect my phone.

Even if I tried to play music from my phone instead of using SYNC controls, it would disconnect me immediately.

I spent the past 2 days rebooting, repairing, resetting my phone, and restarting, resetting and repairing SYNC (Do you like the alliteration there?) with no luck.

Solution:

Perform a "hard reset". Pop the hood, grab a wrench, disconnect the battery's negative terminal, wait a few minutes, reconnect the negative terminal, start the car, let it run for a few minutes. I hope I don't need to tell you to be very careful when doing this. Read the manual for instructions. It goes without saying that this erases all your configurations and settings.

And now my phone connects flawlessly again with music streaming fully functional.

I hope this helps someone. This issue is incredibly frustrating, and I hope Ford burns SYNC 2 in a fire.
Sponsored

shanethealmighty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I master reset and then reset the factory defaults on Sync and that worked. When I paired my phone up again, it would stream music again. I was pretty frustrated for the past 2 days as well haha. Stupid Sync 3 can't figure out the sync part haha.

OP
OP

Zeenobit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang 3.7L V6
I master reset and then reset the factory defaults on Sync and that worked. When I paired my phone up again, it would stream music again. I was pretty frustrated for the past 2 days as well haha. Stupid Sync 3 can't figure out the sync part haha.
Yah, I tried that too. Many times. Never worked for me.

The problem is, SYNC Master Reset doesn't actually wipe out any paired phones or their data. Although I never tried doing Master Reset and Reset to Defaults at the same time ...
Sponsored