Sponsored

Solo Performance GT exhaust systems review - updated with photos/videos

Which Solo Performance version do you have?

• Mach XV

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Mach Thunder

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Street Race

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Axleback

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • other (with header, H-pipe, etc..)

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

ingotgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've had my Mach Thunder exhaust system on for just over a week, and I have to say that I am absolutely amazed by the sound. It was a tough decision to decide on an exhaust system with the variety of options to choose from. So I spent months browsing Youtbube and this forum like others. I am so glad that I went with Solo performance.

Install:
It was my first ever full exhaust system install and it was super easy. The packaging is well done, and thee quality of the piping and clamps is great. 2 out of 5 for difficulty of install (on a lift).

Driving Impressions:
1)Cold Start- Not that loud at all, which was important to me since I have early mornings like many others on here. Its loud for maybe 20 seconds (6 out of 10 on the "loudness" scale)
2)Warmed up/Daily Driving- Sound is just amazing. It is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. It reminds me of the mid muffler Terminators or mod motors, the sound that I love from a Mustang. I cannot beleive that the car has such a deep sound from a single mid muffler. It has some pretty cool pops and crackles too when coming off the throttle.

Overall:
I love the sound. Zero drone, and the sound can be controlled by the throttle. This system is not obnoxiously loud in my opinion and is of high quality. I highly recommend this system to others. Hopefully I can make a video soon.

Thanks Solo Performance!

BlueDevil2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT DIB
I've had that setup for a year now and love it even more. Never get tired of that deep rumble especially in downtown areas between buildings. Along with my PP2, the best mod I've done to the car.

nzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Fastback GT MT PP
Finally Joined The Family

Its taken me quite a while, but I have finally joined the Solo Performance family. My Mach XV arrived late Thursday afternoon, it was very well boxed up and survived the trip from the US all the way down under to New Zealand without any issues or damage. Just did the install this morning on a set of axle stands at the rear, all pretty straight forward, and I am no mechanic.
Man it looks great, those big double walled tips fill the holes in the valance perfectly, and give it a much more aggressive look. The ball socket joints make it easy to get a perfect alignment. Most importantly, the sound is just awesome, and it now finally sounds like a V8 Mustang should do. As a daily driver I think its just perfect for me. When cruising along its non-invasive and not too much different from stock in volume level, just deeper, but cold starts and rowing through the gears just puts a huge smile on my face :D. WOT and it lets everyone know who's the boss.
Thanks Solo Performance for such a well constructed awesome product, that is so competitively priced, and a big thanks to Steve Mariano for your help and making the whole order process so easy :thumbsup:.

Cheers Neal

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Here is a newer video I made.
[ame]

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Its taken me quite a while, but I have finally joined the Solo Performance family. My Mach XV arrived late Thursday afternoon, it was very well boxed up and survived the trip from the US all the way down under to New Zealand without any issues or damage. Just did the install this morning on a set of axle stands at the rear, all pretty straight forward, and I am no mechanic.
Man it looks great, those big double walled tips fill the holes in the valance perfectly, and give it a much more aggressive look. The ball socket joints make it easy to get a perfect alignment. Most importantly, the sound is just awesome, and it now finally sounds like a V8 Mustang should do. As a daily driver I think its just perfect for me. When cruising along its non-invasive and not too much different from stock in volume level, just deeper, but cold starts and rowing through the gears just puts a huge smile on my face :D. WOT and it lets everyone know who's the boss.
Thanks Solo Performance for such a well constructed awesome product, that is so competitively priced, and a big thanks to Steve Mariano for your help and making the whole order process so easy :thumbsup:.

Cheers Neal
Neal,

We very much appreciate the kind words and are s happy that you love your Solo kit! Welcome to the Solo family!

Steve

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Mach XV on a road course and auto-x.

Looks like a blast. Do you know the DB level when at WOT?

I have a sound issue that I need to get resolved before next season starts. TIA.

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That's a really incredible video. I can't believe the picture quality. Were you using some special case for it that gets rid of the wind noise???

The car sounds incredible...thanks so much for the videos and great driving!

Steve
Sponsored