Sponsored

SOLD!

Yellostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow Mustang GT Fastback
It's been a great 7 months with the Mustang, but I managed to stick to my original plan to get away before other priorities came to the fore and before depreciation kicked too hard. I would never normally consider buying a new car, but had a feeling this one would hold up.

In the end I actually got back exactly what I paid for the car new :)... although I did put a grand's worth of Roush axleback and private plates on it... not to mention the tax, insurance, petrol (16.7 mpg average), so not exactly free motoring! I may have been lucky, but I think there definitely is demand from private buyers who want the car now and not in 6-9 months. Anyway, don't mean to bang on about money, but hope this is useful for anyone considering selling up.

For those wondering how I could give up on the Mustang, I know exactly where you're coming from - it's been even better than I expected. Definitely one of the most special cars I've ever owned, but I'm just a general petrol-head, into all sorts - anything quick and interesting. Loved living the big V8 dream and will probably come back to one in later years, but for now am going to just run the wife's old mum-truck as a DD... until I crack and buy the next 'something completely different' :)
Sponsored

Pong Lenis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt auto custom packet
great thing with yank cars is how they keep their value better than anything else you can buy

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
great thing with yank cars is how they keep their value better than anything else you can buy
House? Gold? Silver? etc... :lol:

Jokes aside - gutted to see you've sold - glad it went so quick! :thumbsup:

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Have you though about something classic or a weekend toy e.g. a 1st gen Mustang?

OP
OP
Yellostang

Yellostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you though about something classic or a weekend toy e.g. a 1st gen Mustang?
Probably not a classic any time soon, although new cars are getting further and further from what appeals to me, so you never know. Weekend toy - definitely. That's really what the stang was for me, though I ended up driving it a lot more than I planned to!

Planning to leave it for a while, but definitely see myself running something lightweight at some stage. The Exige was the best car I've owned, but would consider going even more extreme - Caterham or the like.

Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Nice to know, and good luck with the next car. I'm hoping I don't go the same way, but life has a habit of throwing curve balls at us!

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
Good to see you sold on as was your plan and didn't lose on it. I seriously consider selling mine on quite regularly. I've done less than 200 miles since end of October and barely touch it at all due to weather. I'm planning Goodwood in July though so trying to stay strong and keep it.

Out of interest where did you get the most attention from? I assume it didn't sell through here.

OP
OP
Yellostang

Yellostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Out of interest where did you get the most attention from? I assume it didn't sell through here.
I advertised all over the place, but it sold through Autotrader. As I say - I might have been lucky. It's a bad time of year to sell that sort of car. It was on for two weeks and the buyer was my only serious caller. Got a couple of (VERY) low-ball offers from dealers/chancers in ROI.

Had considered leaving it til Spring, but like you was hardly driving it and thought it might be worth sticking it on early, especially with people having more free time over Christmas. Thought the Grand Tour episode might have helped too, but in the end it sold to a guy with an S197, so I was preaching to the converted!
Sponsored