OP

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2008 Mustang GT
Are you going to wrap that black piece above the splitter near the Shelby lettering, OCD is going off
I hope not, looks good like that.
Hahaha seems like both of you are on different sides of the fence for this one :lol:

I'll be leaving the center piece of the lower bumper black. It definitely seems to be a love/hate thing between people that see my car. The main reasons for leaving it black are:
1) concept/originality; typically GT350s are all 1 solid paint color (minus stripes and black roof option)

2) when my car was all black, a few people commented that the R splitter made the front end look aggressive and more menacing/evil. having the center piece black breaks up the bright, glossy color and reminds me of that same "pissed of" demeanor the all black look gave off
Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Just an opinion but I would matte black it to blend with the plastic bits. Looks cool and makes the lower grill section look larger.

OP
OP

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
Just an opinion but I would matte black it to blend with the plastic bits. Looks cool and makes the lower grill section look larger.
Hey thanks for the input! I love hearing ideas from other people. I actually will look at doing a matte black instead of gloss in the future.

Just need to figure out how to clean the matte carefully. From what I've read/been told, you're supposed to use specific cleaning products suited only for matte colors

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
[MENTION=22456]Socal350[/MENTION] what color is that wrap? It reminds me of the 3M blue (forget the name) that Shmee150 had on his McLaren 12c:

[ame]

Actually I ended up with a race red GT350 and told myself I would eventually wrap it that color, since blue is my fav color and I never imagined buying a red car. Bought it because I found a good deal and was excited for the car based on all the reviews.

OP
OP

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=22456]Socal350[/MENTION] what color is that wrap? It reminds me of the 3M blue (forget the name) that Shmee150 had on his McLaren 12c:

Actually I ended up with a race red GT350 and told myself I would eventually wrap it that color, since blue is my fav color and I never imagined buying a red car. Bought it because I found a good deal and was excited for the car based on all the reviews.

[MENTION=24548]kairojya[/MENTION] Hahaha it's funny you mention that video...my wrap is the same color wrap :lol: If you get yours done, we can be wrap brothers. I'll be stripeless and you'll have stripes :cheers:

I hear you though, it's been tough finding a good price and 1st color choice. I just happened to get lucky my dealership had a shadow black. It was my only option to choose from. Had I been picky about color combo/options, I may not even own a 350 today based on current ADM prices out here

Sponsored

OP
OP

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
It's been a little while since I've done anything else to my car, but about two weeks ago I decided it was finally time to put on a 350R spoiler :D

I had been holding off for a while before making the change, as I wanted to test the track pack spoiler and see how the car responded differently from the original tech pack (lip) spoiler and understand what it's new limitations were. I drove the car for about 8 months or so with the track pack spoiler and it didn't disappoint! Probably one of the best bangs for your buck in terms of improving handling for the tech pack guys.

As for the R spoiler, I haven't been able to really test it out in the local mountains or tracks yet but next year I look forward to seeing the differences between the wing and track pack spoiler :thumbsup:

Aesthetically though, I've always been a fan of the R over the regular 350s so for me personally the car looks much better! And of course, some may disagree about exposed carbon fiber vs painting over carbon fiber but the gloss black paint on the 350R wing is amazing quality 10/10. Huge shoutout to Tim from [MENTION=25687]BeithPerformanceParts[/MENTION] for selling me a mint condition, OEM spoiler (and for a good price)!

Here are some recent photos of the car:

Last edited:

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Never get tired of this car. Car looks good B

OP
OP

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
Never get tired of this car. Car looks good B
Hey thanks a lot bro! It'll be interesting to see who stops modding their car first :lol:

Can't wait to see/hear about your trans cooler and scoop installs!

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
Awesome story and awesome car! That color is sweet!

Sponsored

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
From one R wing owner to another, if I may make a suggestion - get the wing ceramic coated. The paint is pretty soft and will scratch if you look cross-eyed at it. Also, the gloss will be SO much better.

Reactions: C4C
OP
OP

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
Beautiful!

-T
Hey thanks man! Same to you and your track videos are awesome! :thumbsup:

From one R wing owner to another, if I may make a suggestion - get the wing ceramic coated. The paint is pretty soft and will scratch if you look cross-eyed at it. Also, the gloss will be SO much better.
Appreciate the suggestion Straightliner! I just scheduled to have it done after the holidays. Might even try to clear bra the top portion as well (if possible) :cheers:

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
Didn't see this listed in your thread, but where did you pick up the R wing from? I like the look of it but dont want to go aftermarket.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
It's been a little while since I've done anything else to my car, but about two weeks ago I decided it was finally time to put on a 350R spoiler :D

I had been holding off for a while before making the change, as I wanted to test the track pack spoiler and see how the car responded differently from the original tech pack (lip) spoiler and understand what it's new limitations were. I drove the car for about 8 months or so with the track pack spoiler and it didn't disappoint! Probably one of the best bangs for your buck in terms of improving handling for the tech pack guys.

As for the R spoiler, I haven't been able to really test it out in the local mountains or tracks yet but next year I look forward to seeing the differences between the wing and track pack spoiler :thumbsup:

Aesthetically though, I've always been a fan of the R over the regular 350s so for me personally the car looks much better! And of course, some may disagree about exposed carbon fiber vs painting over carbon fiber but the gloss black paint on the 350R wing is amazing quality 10/10

Here are some recent photos of the car:

Looks great! :thumbsup:

You just need to add matte black & white stripes to have a clone of the R prototype show car.
05-2016-shelby-gt350r-detroit-1.jpg
Sponsored