Socal Manual Owners

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Are there any manual owners with aftermarket shifters who would be willing to let me try out their shifter?

Alternatively, if anyone knows of a shop where I would be able to try out an aftermarket shifter that would also be appreciated.
Sponsored

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6SPD Premium PP1
Are there any manual owners with aftermarket shifters who would be willing to let me try out their shifter?

Alternatively, if anyone knows of a shop where I would be able to try out an aftermarket shifter that would also be appreciated.
Funny I was just thinking the same thing. So many reviews of just a shifter replacement being amazing vs a full unit.

Hopefully you find someone!

LeohTheLion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have a mgw x spec low profile with a 8 oz spherical knob. Its been a year since I installed it and it made the shifts crisp and require way less effort. I then did BG tranny and rear diff fluids which changed the way the transmission handled in cold and hot weather. It no longer feels clunky or like im going to break something.

OP
OP
Whitest Russian

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I have a mgw x spec low profile with a 8 oz spherical knob. Its been a year since I installed it and it made the shifts crisp and require way less effort. I then did BG tranny and rear diff fluids which changed the way the transmission handled in cold and hot weather. It no longer feels clunky or like im going to break something.
I live in Ridgecrest but I am going to spend most of May 7th in LA.

How much of a difference did changing out the fluids make?

Sponsored

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
mgw race spec low pro just over 4k miles its awesome. Don't waste your time and money on the "short throw" handle shifters. Get either MGW or Barton full shifter.

8GTOKLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 DHG Bullitt
I have an MGW Rspec Standard with stock knob in South OC

DeerLick

Blehhhhhh.....
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red GT Premium PP1
personally, i think the BG tranny fluid alone made a huge difference for me, but i am also seriously considering going with the MGW shifter. my only hesitation is finding a reputable shop in socal to actually do the install as it seems like a lot more work than i would like to commit to doing myself.

would love if someone could recommend a shop that has had experience doing this install or has extensive experience working on mustang overall.

Sik19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT performance pack 1
I'm running the MGW X spec with the low profile option and it's amazing. It was a night and day difference after installing the shifter. The shifter no longer feels vague like I'm going to miss a gear.

I live in menifee and work in riverside if you wanna check it out. I also recommend either papinis garage in Temecula or GTR high performance for the install. I installed my own but it was a pain.

I hope this helps.
Sponsored