GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2007 Nissan Titan; 2010 Hyundai Veracruz; 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
Hi Guys,

Chino Hills Ford has offered to host a meet of Mustang owners if I want to organize it. We had a thread in here awhile back about Senior owners and it went for many pages. So ... any interest in getting together at Chino Hills Ford (Chino Hills, CA) at some point? I say "Seniors," but we would not exclude the younger crowd as long as we don't get ANYONE who needs to show off when leaving the dealership. By "show off," I mean burning rubber and speeding away. We DO want to get asked back.If they want to give us a place to do that, I'll find out, you never know, they might, and that might be fun, too.

I'm thinking of asking them for a date in August. How about the 3rd Sunday in Sunday in August? That would be 18 Aug 2019. I'd shoot for early, say 8:30 - 10:30 am. I need responses back by perhaps 2 weeks before that, say 4 Aug 2019 so we know about how many will show up.

Not sure what they will do exactly but it should involve parking space and dealership food / drink. I will check back when I speak with them in a couple of days.

As a bonus, we could cruise over to the Planes of Fame Museum after that and I can probably arrange to give a pretty decent tour since I am a volunteer there. I might be able to arrange to draw something like 25 tickets and have those winners get a pic taken of their car next to a P-51 Mustang fighter. Bring your own girlfriend. Again, I will need responsible drivers who will follow the 15 mph speed limit on the airport and NOT stray from the group. If anyone manages to get a runway violation, they will likely talk with police while in custody very quickly, and I would be in some trouble, too, as the idiot who signed for them.

Any interest? - Greg
Sponsored

Last edited:

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
sign me up

OP
OP

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Looks like I overestimated the number of seniors who might respond by a bit. Maybe another week will see some more responses, maybe not.

Hey 1 old racer, I'd be happy to cruise almost any weekend somewhere. It would be MUCH easier to get pics with P-51 if we only had TWO cars!

Let me know when you might be interested.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Surprised I did not see this sooner? I'm up for a meet & the P51 pics. That would be cool :like:
Maybe you need to go into the old owners thread and link this a couple of times ?
Keep us posted.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Greg and I did a trip to the Chino's Planes of Fame and Greg gave me a wonderful tour of the place.

Sponsored

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Great Museum :like: Love to see the restorations in progress.

OP
OP

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hi Rover,

1oldracer and I had a good visit and air museum tour. Would love to get together and do a nice cruise somewhere. Can also arrange pics with P-51, but probably NOT for a large group. A few at a time is no issue. When we went last weekend, my yearly gate card renewal was due but is now taken care of, so I can get in again!

I'd say we could do a visit most anytime on a Saturday for a pic, so it would likely be more fun when it is cooler. But a cruise for lunch at, say, Lake Arrowhead might be fun anytime. Please let me know. Perhaps 1oldracer, you and I could do that next Sunday morning? You guys let me know.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah... Far piece from my home at Lake Skinner.
What your destination, where you wanna eat?

OP
OP

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hi Rover,

Don't really have one. Since you are near Lake Skinner, I'd suggest we meet somewhere in between. Could meet in Lake Elsinore for breakfast and have lunch in Dana Point. Of perhaps you have a suggestion. It seems like it would take most of a morning to meet and cruise, and that's OK with me. Could also meet somewhere and cruise to SoCal Railway Museum near Perris. Never been there.

Do you have any suggestion(s)?

Maybe 1oldracer would join us?

I'd suggest a Sunday morning.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sunday AM is always best... Perris is such a s hole, maybe we could go east and just meet for Breakfast around highlands or redlands and do the 330 loop?

It might be doable if we meet early?

Sponsored
OP
OP

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hi Rover.

Never done the 330 loop. Sounds good to me, depending on what early means. What exactly do you mean by early?

Maybe we could meet at someplace like, say, Farmer Boys at Alabama and 5th street, close to the 210.

Might be nice to invite 1oldracer along.

What do you think?
Sunday AM is always best... Perris is such a s hole, maybe we could go east and just meet for Breakfast around highlands or redlands and do the 330 loop?

It might be doable if we meet early?
Best regards, - Greg

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely invite old racer and anybody else who wants to come... How long is that loop?

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the invite Rover. I would love to do a old timers dive with you guys. Unfortunately My wife has me booked with family stuff for the next few week ends. I will be sure to catch the next one.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey dont count me out yet. my plans my have gotten changed.

OP
OP

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hey Rover,

Getting down to it. We need to agree on where and when to meet. I suggested Farmer Boys at Alabama and 5th street on Sunday morning, but you never replied with a time. So, I suggest maybe 7:30 am - 8:00 am? What do you say? Pick a time and let's cruise.

Best regards, - Greg
Sponsored