So you say you want twin turbos....

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
One other thing you want to add to your list. A hood with better heat extraction. You will build a lot of heat in engine bay. Even Dodge is adding bigger heat extractors to the 2019 Challenger.
Is there any data or proof showing that a better hood will increase performance and/or prevent wear & damage from heat on our cars?

I'm all for improvements but not just because Dodge is doing it lol.
Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Uhhh.. there is actually too much opening up front. The issue is getting the air out and reducing under hood pressure.
There is a reason the GT350R upper grill is partially blocked, opening the upper grill just adds lift and you dont get anymore airflow.
Just look at the GT500.
Forward top mount inlets *might* be more for styling in the Dodge case.

pwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
If someone comes out with a hood that gets rid of the air and doesn't shake like crazy at 80mph+ I would probably buy it asap. I know I shouldn't worry but the moment that thing starts waving like a flag, I get nervous.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Is there any data or proof showing that a better hood will increase performance and/or prevent wear & damage from heat on our cars?

I'm all for improvements but not just because Dodge is doing it lol.
Almost all the hoods you see are designed for N/A engine. But once you add a PD or TT into the engine bay, you're adding a lot more heat that the manufacture had design it for.

Getting the heat out, isn't so much for performance, but for saving all the rubbers and plastics and wires in the engine bay, especially for street driving with low speed.

It's more of a common sense approach than scientific data.

Mike5876

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue GT 1194 RWHP
Does anyone have pics of the low hanging exhaust pipes on the Hellion kit?

This is literally the only thing holding me back but I cant seem to find any pics of the routing or low hanging pipes anywhere.

Is it really an issue, or no?
i drive my 2018 Hellion car almost everyday and go over speed bumps etc no problem i have hit mine once and it was a stupid move on my part...i pulled over a bump that almost any car would have scraped on

Sponsored

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo

This is literally the only thing holding me back but I cant seem to find any pics of the routing or low hanging pipes anywhere.

Agreed. Keeping me from purchasing also. Why do they not address this?

Yakb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT premium, PP

I found this video today.
[ame]

There's a good shot at 90 seconds, and twords the end, they take a longer look at what the hot side is composed of.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
i drive my 2018 Hellion car almost everyday and go over speed bumps etc no problem i have hit mine once and it was a stupid move on my part...i pulled over a bump that almost any car would have scraped on

Thank you.. great to hear.

Is your car stock ride height or lowered?

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
The downpipes are low, but absolutely manageable and would never cause me to hesitate with this kit. I've hit them a couple times on big incline changes but now that I've learned the limits, it never happens anymore.

Plus my car is lowered and slightly raked so that's definitely not helping anything.
Sponsored