OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Almost bought a Supra, VERY nice car. A subpar gauge cluster with limited info, soso cabin and dash, ridiculous buffeting with windows down and lack of rear seat/trunk made it a 3 strikes and your out for me.

Too bad, as it was my favorite drive, even back to back with a Cayman S and M2 Competition.
They make a small piece now goes on mirror that cuts the buffeting . As for seats for me I'm a 2 seat person. And the trunk has been made way larger in the 21s. Gauge cluster... Eh.. as long as shows speed don't matter to me. I'll just use the HUD anyway. I can see why down side for some but forme those things didn't matter.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
If you dont mind me asking what was your OTD price. Thank you
It is fully loaded everything sticker...no ADM. Just Toyota sticker was 59,600. I got it 51,900 Considering lots dealers still have mark up that ain't too bad. All service free for 3 years included.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
It is fully loaded everything sticker...no ADM. Just Toyota sticker was 59,600. I got it 51,900 Considering lots dealers still have mark up that ain't too bad. All service free for 3 years included.
Thats not bad for a 0% apr loan

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Nice Supra!

Hmm, I wonder if the local Toyota dealer has any languishing in the showroom....

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Well. Huh. Congrats on the Supra! You know it's a BMW under there, right? LOL

No, seriously, most of the reviews I've read seem to prefer the chassis tuning and all that on the Supra over the BMW. And it seems like you got a very good price, which is always icing on the cake. And the Supra definitely looks better than the Z4.

EDIT: I just read some of the posts that I skipped over. You kept the Mustang! Sweet.

Also, you bought the Supra without a test drive. Interesting. Update us on your driving impressions, please, after you've had a chance to enjoy it a bit.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Congrats Briebee!!! So glad you kept the Mustang. We would have missed you. Let’s see some pics of both cars ASAP. :like: :clap:

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Well. Huh. Congrats on the Supra! You know it's a BMW under there, right? LOL

No, seriously, most of the reviews I've read seem to prefer the chassis tuning and all that on the Supra over the BMW. And it seems like you got a very good price, which is always icing on the cake. And the Supra definitely looks better than the Z4.

EDIT: I just read some of the posts that I skipped over. You kept the Mustang! Sweet.

Also, you bought the Supra without a test drive. Interesting. Update us on your driving impressions, please, after you've had a chance to enjoy it a bit.
NC is an odd state to by a car in if you are not in a major city like RDU or charlotte. My neck of the woods a auto group owns most dealers and they are hinky about the high dollar cars. My car has 3 miles on it. They wont let you drive it or even sit in it unless serious. They are alike who wants to buy a new sports car 30 people has "test driven"? I have to agree. For me the buyer I havnt had an test drives on the car or anyone all covid in the car pawing all over it. :)

yes yes I already know im gonna hear the bmw stuff IM all ready considering getting a tag that just says z4 LOL. I also have read almost no negative anything about the supra other then the complains about price. but if its the same car as the z4, some say better. its off the same assembly line with the same parts. why pay up to 20 more for the bmw? if anything the bmw is the over priced one not the supra.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Congrats Briebee!!! So glad you kept the Mustang. We would have missed you. Let’s see some pics of both cars ASAP. :like: :clap:
OH I wouldnt have left LOL. now I can drive the supra forums crazy too so I can give yall a break. sent the mustang off to have some gears and stuff done 4.09s so will post some supra pics today once I pick up but the twins shots will have to wait a week till I get stang back.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
NC is an odd state to by a car in if you are not in a major city like RDU or charlotte. My neck of the woods a auto group owns most dealers and they are hinky about the high dollar cars. My car has 3 miles on it. They wont let you drive it or even sit in it unless serious. They are alike who wants to buy a new sports car 30 people has "test driven"? I have to agree. For me the buyer I havnt had an test drives on the car or anyone all covid in the car pawing all over it. :)

yes yes I already know im gonna hear the bmw stuff IM all ready considering getting a tag that just says z4 LOL. I also have read almost no negative anything about the supra other then the complains about price. but if its the same car as the z4, some say better. its off the same assembly line with the same parts. why pay up to 20 more for the bmw? if anything the bmw is the over priced one not the supra.
Yeah they are crazy about it here too. Toyota with the supra..honda with a 37k civic type r..im like come on dude..its a freaking civic lol. Not something crazy exclusive.

I would 100% agree and want the supra over a z4. Even if price was the same

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I've had nothing but performance cars since I was 16 years old, I'm 57 now and it's time to tone it down. I have no issue with the fact that my current Mustang is the last sports car I will own. I don't even know what I would buy. maybe a Bronco or an Explorer or a Ranger...all are pricey for sure. I wouldn't trade my car in on anything, modded cars get fleeced as trade-ins. I will sell it to an enthusiast then go out and get a new Truck or SUV.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I've had nothing but performance cars since I was 16 years old, I'm 57 now and it's time to tone it down. I have no issue with the fact that my current Mustang is the last sports car I will own. I don't even know what I would buy. maybe a Bronco or an Explorer or a Ranger...all are pricey for sure. I wouldn't trade my car in on anything, modded cars get fleeced as trade-ins. I will sell it to an enthusiast then go out and get a new Truck or SUV.
That's why I return all my cars to stock then sell the parts.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
That BMW turbo 6 is vey easy to tune for extra power.
any 2021 built after mid year has a new lock out on ecu they havnt cracked so no tuning for me just yet. at least that is what i been reading.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I usually get bored with cars after a couple of years but my 18’ is paid off and there isn’t much else I like. The few other vehicles I wouldn’t mind owning are just too expensive and aren’t that much better performance wise than my Mustang.

I’m enjoying having a paid off, fairly new car. Nothings sweeter than no payments. When the 6 month insurance bill arrives I pay it off all at once. The only cost I have is filling it with gas once every week or 2 weeks. Of course there’s the registration and taxes. I’ll keep this car a long time before I get rid of it.

I usually have car payments but my truck and Mustang are paid off. My Harley will be paid off this coming year and can’t wait.
This is such an understatement. It is such a nice feeling having paid off your car, especially if its one that you like. lol. Im starting to miss the feeling lol. Last year I paid off car and it was nice but I never liked the car (Scion tC), it was just too slow for me. I put a pretty big down payment with my GT350 so I will be able to pay it off sometime next year and I can't wait.

I avoided paying sales tax on my first car in Tennessee, I was expecting the same for the GT350 but boy was I wrong lol. Was not expecting a ~6% sales tax on a 60k car lol. Add in the yearly registration fees and on top of the car payment and things get stupid lol. The sales tax raped me hard though did not see that coming. Once its paid off, though the registration fee won't be a big deal, just annoying paying that and a car payment.

I am considering selling the Scion and getting an old Lexus RX350 or a Toyota Highlander because I hate driving my Scion, it's so hard to drive now (its a manual) the shifter feels so sloppy and shitty, the Tremec has spoiled me, the pedal position is horrible lol. I am not going to buy new though, going down the used route. There are pretty good deals out there. I don't need anything fancy and I don't care about the mileage, as long as it runs and is good on gas thats good enough. I already got the car I really want now :)

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
any 2021 built after mid year has a new lock out on ecu they havnt cracked so no tuning for me just yet. at least that is what i been reading.
That's good to know. I guess I won't be looking for a Z4 M40i newer than 2020.
Sponsored