So, I'm an idiot and crashed my '18 GT. Sell/Fix/jump out the window?

Discussion in 'Mustang S550 General Forums' started by BlowerGuy, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Climax

Climax Active Member

First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle(s):
    04 40th Ann Mustang, 2015 Mustang
    0   0   0
    Not only have I not been involved in an accident since 1988, but I have not had a ticket in over 25 years, and am 72! I now pay for the Uninsured/Under insured Motorists coverage and went to a personal injury attorney. After being transported to the hospital and X-Rayed, CT-Scanned, and being released I went to my physician who said I had a mild concussion and other stuff. My chiropractor has worked to realign my old bones, and I have lost my income because of the known medical problems according the Aero-medical regulations, in other words I cannot fly until I am cleared. Now my PIA has told me he wants me to go to a neurologist. This back and forth BS due to someone else's fault, who obviously was at fault, and admitted it is getting old very quickly as GEICO, his coverage, appears to want to wash their hands of all responsibility. I have been told the three worst Insurance companies to work with are Geico, Progressive, and The General. I have AAA. Why am I talking about this on this forum, well we are all proud Mustang owner/drivers and stuff does happen, so be ready for denial when you thought you were covered.

BlowerGuy likes this.
  2. Fatguy

Fatguy Banned

Vehicle(s):
    2017 V6 Mustang
    0   0   0
    “Why am I talking about this on this forum, well we are all proud Mustang owner/drivers and stuff does happen, so be ready for denial when you thought you were covered.”

I would not say anymore on the internet. But none of this is news to me. The insurance companies treat everyone like crap including their employees. That should tell you something right there!

3. OP
    OP
    BlowerGuy

BlowerGuy Member

First Name:
    Corey
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT A10, 18 GT M6, 06 GTO, 18 F250, 79 f150, ....
    0   0   0
    I'd sell it for $18K in a heartbeat. I'm toying with the idea of buying the magnetic 6 speed 18.....to get me buy until this one gets fixed.
    I don't really have garage queens...I beat the living hell out of everything that is RWD.
    I bought the mustang because they are a dime a dozen......I planned on using it up, and getting another...just not this fast.

First quote was for $25K....waiting on another quote.
    I won't run around with primered body panels. I like good looking cars that wreak of race fuel and have a ton of rubber stuck to the rear bumper cover.

I'll hit up whitebearlake....
    I have done a few rebuilders, but usually just laid the paint and paid for the body work......but own a door company that does hollow metal doors for commercial building, and we build airplane hangar doors. We've got 10+ miller welders in total. I can patch in steel pretty decently if it's 18ga or thicker....cars are just something I've never felt I had the time to learn. I don't have a lot of time anymore....at least not until I sell my company to the employees, or figure out how to manage people well enough to step away from 60 hour work weeks.

Since the GT500 pricing came out today...........I'm pondering one of those as well.