So, I got some Goodies for a 1" drop.

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
And if it doesn't settle in the front, then I may have to get some alloy spacers for the rear, and lift the rear back up about 1/4". This really kind of jerks my chain, since I spent over $1,000 to get a good set of struts and lowering springs. yet, it looks like it barely did anything. I'm so far, pretty disappointed.

If the front doesn't settle, what can I do to get it to drop like it's supposed to?
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The tech said he could not adjust it anymore to get it less than what it is. I think i may end up having to install a set of Steeda camber brackets.
Yeah not buying it, its very likely he didn’t actually know where to adjust rear camber on our cars, we’ve seen that quite a bit before. The spot isn’t marked and just looks like a connection point but its actually a slotted hole, and it offers plenty of adjustment.

if he did clock the bushings correctly then the front probably isn’t going down any lower without changing out the front springs. You could of courrse shim the rear to raise it a smidge to even things out.

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah not buying it, its very likely he didn’t actually know where to adjust rear camber on our cars, we’ve seen that quite a bit before. The spot isn’t marked and just looks like a connection point but its actually a slotted hole, and it offers plenty of adjustment.

if he did clock the bushings correctly then the front probably isn’t going down any lower without changing out the front springs. You could of courrse shim the rear to raise it a smidge to even things out.
He did adjust the left front camber plate. So, he knew what to do for that. The height didn't change for either front nor back. When you look at the hole in the mounting bracket for the rear, it needs to be supported by the tabbed bolt that is installed. The tab needs to be extended somehow to hold a correction. So, I see why he said he can't adjust it.

I have a sneaky suspicion, I'll have to install some 1/4" spacers for the rear in a few months.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
He did adjust the left front camber plate. So, he knew what to do for that. The height didn't change for either front nor back. When you look at the hole in the mounting bracket for the rear, it needs to be supported by the tabbed bolt that is installed. The tab needs to be extended somehow to hold a correction. So, I see why he said he can't adjust it.

I have a sneaky suspicion, I'll have to install some 1/4" spacers for the rear in a few months.
Ya might need rear spacers

Last edited:
OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ya might need rear spacers

I just went for a good drive today, and now the rear has settled another 1/4". The front has come down about 1/16".

L & R Rear - 27.0"'
Left Front- 27-7/16"
Right Front - 27-3/8"

I have a feeling I need to really drive this thing for a few months before everything really settles.

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
OK, I think I've taken this abut as far as I can go. I finally installed some Steeda Spacers on the rear to raise it 1/2". Now the car is about as level as I can get it.

LF- 27 1/2"
RF- 27 3/8"
LR- 27 3/8"
RR- 27 3/8"

I took it to Les Schwab and actually got a chance to talk to the fella doing the job. He understood exactly where I was coming form. I told him to try and adjust the Rear camber to -1.5deg if possible, since the guy at the other shop said it was not adjustable, and I knew better. The uy at Les Schwab pu tit on the rack, and jacked up the rear while on the rack. He then loosened the upper camber arm bolts and pushed them out as far as they would go. He then slowly lowered the car and let the weight settle the arms at -1.5 degrees when tightened. They ended up at..

LR -1.5deg.
RR -1.6deg.

LF -1.1deg
RF -1.2deg.

Caster was set at about 7.3deg for both.

It seems just about right when driving. Keep in mind, this for me is a daily driver with some weekend fun driving in the mountains. I do not race my car.
Sponsored