Smooth shifting A10

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
My a10 is midnight built, and I run a Lund tune. I found out that without a doubt MT Rs will hydroplane about 50mph. After being lucky a few times I decided to limp home on the feeder. I usually drive in sport mode, but was normal today with the weather. I will say it was smooth and felt rather lazy compared to sport. I tried the wet mode and it was even smoother, almost felt like a constant speed trans. For those who don't like it firm, maybe the wet/snow mode will be better for you.
Sponsored

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
So you found out how the drive modes work.... btw I dont believe wet/snow will allow for 100% throttle IIRC
I knew how they worked but never thought to try wet mode. I am completely happy with the trans, one of the reasons I bought the car; wouldn't trade it for anything except for maybe a dual clutch. I do see numerous complaints on here about firm shifting a10s.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
What? Learn to drive. What have you owned before?

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
What? Learn to drive. What have you owned before?
Very confused? Me, because dang near slicks hydroplane in the rain at 20psi? If you could teach me how to not hydroplane with these tires in the rain with the cruise control on going straight I'd gladly pay you because it was not fun; I'll even come to you. 66 mustang, 434w NA car 800hp car with a spool and th400, numerous F150s, F250s, Silverado, Durango, rodeo, ram charger, elantra, Taurus, ranger, courier, and probably some other vehicles I can't remember. I don't drive this car in the rain, got caught today; just changed to the MT Rs, the nittos were Ok in the rain (though I tried to avoid it). I was warned, didn't listen. It was stupid. Only reason I said something was there was a noticeable difference in wet/snow mode in how smooth the trans shifted.

Sponsored

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
It should have been off, agree.

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
When I test drove the various GT configs the first thing I did was put it in snow mode LOL. Works well. Floored it many times only to feel the rear end shift in the bushings, throwing balance off a touch, and the car hook up.

I grew up doing stupid speeds on gravel roads where at least you have a few ms reaction time but I'm terrified of pavement break aways.

Not long ago a friend was killed in an S550 that broke loose, bounced off a road side planter, and hit a median tree sideways at the door. Both front occupants broke necks, one in wheel chair now. This all happened in 2 seconds. No matter how good a driver one is breakaways on the street are very risky.
Yep, and I should have remianed in place with the tires I put on and waited for the rain to pass. It did happen once with cruise on and the second with it off at a steady speed (the reaction in cruise was worse). Both times letting out (slight tap 1st time to turn off cc)and not correcting with the steering wheel worked.

I would have never tried wet/snow otherwise.
Sponsored