SiriusXM Traffic Intermittent

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
My 2021 Mach 1 has an intermittent issue with Sirius XM. The traffic data only loads about 40% of the time and the satellite radio doesn't come back on about 10% of the time when I stop for a short errand. AM/FM/external sources still work; it's just the satellite that won't come on. I can "fix" it temporarily by pulling the amp fuse (#25 in the passenger footwell) but that works only until the next time it chooses not to come back on. My local dealer replaced the APIM after it showed as failing some diagnostics, but that didn't solve the problem. I'm looking for any suggestions to help keep the dealership from easter-egging the issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dhborden

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Update to 3.4.21194. Looks like it's available for Mustang today.

https://help.ford.com/update-sync/usb/
Update: completed the install and traffic showed up the three times I started the car after that. It took up to 10 minutes in two of the start-ups, but it was there. My 2011 Taurus SHO and the 2015 Mustang GT Premium both always show the traffic within two minutes, so something about the Sync3 is much slower at deciphering and displaying the traffic info. I'll update this over the next several days to see if the update solved the problem.

Thanks again for your help!

Last edited:
OP
OP
dhborden

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Latest update from today's errands: started, stopped, and restarted five times today and traffic came up within a few (3-4) minutes each time. Definitely an improvement over the 20% of the time the traffic was showing before. Hope this thread turns out to be helpful for others who may not even know they were missing their traffic info. Thanks again, #UofMEngineer!

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Latest update from today's errands: started, stopped, and restarted five times today and traffic came up within a few (3-4) minutes each time. Definitely an improvement over the 20% of the time the traffic was showing before. Hope this thread turns out to be helpful for others who may not even know they were missing their traffic info. Thanks again, #UofMEngineer!
I can attest to that the travel link services used to work within 30 seconds of start up on the build that was prior to 21098. Now it takes like 3 to 5 minutes to load everything.

Sponsored

frank_white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Convertible, Velocity Blue
Glad I found this thread, I have the same problem and will look to update when I get home. Ty!

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
I can attest to that the travel link services used to work within 30 seconds of start up on the build that was prior to 21098. Now it takes like 3 to 5 minutes to load everything.
I’ve had this for the last few builds actually. I asked about it and was told it’s basically where you are in the SXM data broadcast for which services come up first/last. One time traffic takes a few minutes and another it’s fuel for example. The subscription update comes in about a minute or so after start up from what I’ve seen so that may be contributing.

OP
OP
dhborden

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I’ve had this for the last few builds actually. I asked about it and was told it’s basically where you are in the SXM data broadcast for which services come up first/last. One time traffic takes a few minutes and another it’s fuel for example. The subscription update comes in about a minute or so after start up from what I’ve seen so that may be contributing.
Nearly a week since I installed the update and the traffic info shows up every time. It usually takes a couple minutes to show, but it does come up. Thanks again for the info on the update!
Sponsored