Sill Plate Update

KB894

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT LE # 894 - Kona Blue - Auto
Like most of you, I wish we had numbered illuminated sill plates. That being said, I haven't seen where Ford promised us anymore than we received - Aluminum sill plates. IMO hardly an upgrade! My issue is the flyer in the welcome kit. It states the custom illuminated sill plates are available now (they're not) and that it's a simple DIY install - doesn't seem likely from what I've read thus far.
Sponsored

cmcmotorworks

CMC Motorworks
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE Mustang #172
I have four S197 mustangs with the lighted sill plates. Personally, I like the aluminum ones in my wife's LE better.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I have four S197 mustangs with the lighted sill plates. Personally, I like the aluminum ones in my wife's LE better.

I tend towards agreeing here. I had a 197 with lighted and it was cool and all but I'm not a huge fan of a bunch of lights. I taped over the under dash mood lighting (cause I like the cup holder and door handle lights). I kinda like the non lighted aluminum too. But the lighted ones grew one me.

Amazingly enough, I'm not a fan of the pony puddle lights. I was going to disable them except everyone gets all weak kneed over then including my daughter.

Bad Mojo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Amazingly enough, I'm not a fan of the pony puddle lights. I was going to disable them except everyone gets all weak kneed over then including my daughter.

I wanted to spruce up the puddle lights so I added a wagon to the horse with a couple of cowboys on it. Now it looks like gravy train every time I open the door.

Sponsored

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Posted in the Welcome kit thread, but thought I'd pass on this small amount of info here.

Got a call from Performance Ford yesterday. They are sending me a new book & box, great news for me because I want to keep it as it came, wrapped.

I asked about the scuff plate. He said in the next few days they were gonna start calling those on the list and ask what they want on the plate, such as #0773 of 1964 or name, basically just about anything you want engraved was the way I interpreted it..

Also asked about the wiring, he said it would come with the necessary instructions to install.

MKW

2015 LE 50TH Kona Blue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE 50TH Mustang Kona Blue #320 6 speed
Posted in the Welcome kit thread, but thought I'd pass on this small amount of info here.

Got a call from Performance Ford yesterday. They are sending me a new book & box, great news for me because I want to keep it as it came, wrapped.

I asked about the scuff plate. He said in the next few days they were gonna start calling those on the list and ask what they want on the plate, such as #0773 of 1964 or name, basically just about anything you want engraved was the way I interpreted it..

Also asked about the wiring, he said it would come with the necessary instructions to install.
How do you get on the list?

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
SO - is Ford going to "give" / send all of the LE Owners the Illuminated Scuff Plates - and thus they are going to call all of us to see what we want on them?

(Sorry - I just dont "get it")
You have to pay if you want one...I may have misunderstood him, But I thought he meant they will contact and confirm what ya want on the sill/scuff plate-->:shrug:

fender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini JCW/50th LE
Any Canadian LE owners get a welcome kit?? I have not yet.
Sponsored