You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the input guys.... I seem to feel that 51/83 was real good for the highway so far.

How about dampening on the shocks? They are currently set on 10 rear and 16 front. It seems smooth so far.

Thanks again guys...

Joe
Initial setting was dead middle but I went 4 clicks softer both front & rear and have been happy.
Sponsored

Slow.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cedric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT ( Base )
Picked her up on Friday and have already driven 200 miles on the Airlift. So far it is a great investment...Wife loves the way it rides compared to before.

Just curious as to what everyone has the ride height set to ? The shop has set mine at 44 front and 77 rear. I think I should add some more air to bring it a bit higher.

Thanks for any info.
If you don't mind me asking, what type of tank is that? Ordering one and that one looks like the perfect size.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Got everything now. I should be doing mine sometime in the next two weeks. The long weekend we are going riding on dirtbikes.

Sponsored

NickGoBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Oxford White 5.0
Just curious as to what everyone has the ride height set to ? The shop has set mine at 44 front and 77 rear. I think I should add some more air to bring it a bit higher.

Thanks for any info.
You can't go by what others have there's set at honestly. It depends if they manually asjudted the damper length, what wheel and tire they are running, etc...

Set yours to how you like the ride and look, I personally run mine as low as I possibly can with still having full turning radius.

I've sold over 200 S550 kits, I always say a good starting point is 60/80 then adjust to your liking.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
So you need a M10x1.25 collar nut. Awaiting Steeda to see if they have it.

Seems there is a Hurricane in town today.

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
You can't go by what others have there's set at honestly. It depends if they manually asjudted the damper length, what wheel and tire they are running, etc...

Set yours to how you like the ride and look, I personally run mine as low as I possibly can with still having full turning radius.

I've sold over 200 S550 kits, I always say a good starting point is 60/80 then adjust to your liking.
Nick, you seem to have a lot of experience with this kit, given you've sold so many. I have a question, if you'd be so kind to answer for me:

Do you recommend any other shocks for the rear? I'm not happy with the Air Lift shocks in back. I don't know how to convey the experience I have with words, but I do not like the way the rear end bounces and settles on larger inclines/bumps in the road. It doesn't feel solid or stable. (the car doesn't lurch side to side or anything like that)

Either the rebound is too soft or something else is going on. (I don't believe it's compression related, since I have control over that.)

I read earlier in this thread that someone had replaced their rear shocks with another brand, but I couldn't find any info on why they changed them out.

If you've heard of anything like this or have anything to add, I sincerely appreciate it!!

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Just got off the phone with Frank@Steeda. They have an option now of a custom nut. 19 bucks a piece.

For those wondering. It is not a standard nut.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Just got off the phone with Frank@Steeda. They have an option now of a custom nut. 19 bucks a piece.

For those wondering. It is not a standard nut.
Frank is the man, Ive been calling him for years.

I look forward t your review to airlift with their shock mounts

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Frank is the man, Ive been calling him for years.

I look forward t your review to airlift with their shock mounts
Might make a difference in the way they ride. Who knows.

I will post up when I get them and make a thread when I install everything.

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you don't mind me asking, what type of tank is that? Ordering one and that one looks like the perfect size.

4 gallon seamless Tank. I had the install shop order it for me so we could install it in the spare tire well.
Sponsored