Sponsored

Shout out to Scotland

AndiObb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost, changing BMW´s, Yamaha...
Vehicle Showcase
Hi there,

as this forum is so huge, I just discovered the UK-section here. Might be the wrong area to post, but I have to write... no matter where... just getting crazy...

We´re from Germany, but big fans of Scotland. My wife told me "there won´t be a year that I don´t touch scotish ground". Already half a year ago we booked a ferry for August to get there with our mobile home. Due to the current situation - we have our doubts that this will work out.

I fullfilled my wifes dream of a Mustang and bought one for her six weeks ago. Not much time of pleasure before restrictions started here.

The biggest dream of my wife now/for the future is to drive through Scotland with our Mustang. Not only due to the current restrictions because of Corona this will still be a dream for a couple of years (kids aso).

I know that a couple of Scots are here... I´d be very grateful if you could post some "Mustang @Scotland" Pics here.

Thanks a lot, stay save and healthy

Andreas from Bavaria

Our Scotlandtrips: https://www.womoglück.de/sco
Our Mustang: https://www.womoglück.de/unser-mustang
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
check out the NC500 there's a lot of people on here done around the northern area's with plenty of pictures here

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Welcome Andreas, I too am a big fan of Scotland! It brought a smile to my face to read your post, it brought back some great memories so I dug out my write up of our group trip in 2016;

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/lands-end-to-john-o-groat-including-nc500.60700/

I want to do it again some day, so keep an eye out on the forum in case we do another big group trip! Truly amazing...

There is another thread, just search for threads with "north coast 500" or "NC500" in the title and you will find them :like:

OP
OP
AndiObb

AndiObb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys for your hints. I already started to go through the search results for NC 500 here. Special thanks for the link Kristian - I only flew over the pics and will defenitely take my time for reading it through. My wife will be excited also :like:

Stuart0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Highly reccomend the NC500 as do most! I live on the route and it's amazing.
Hope the guys do it again. I only joines fkr a very small part due to work but it was such a great atmosphere

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Hi Andreas, and welcome fron North East Scotland. Congrats on the Mustang :like:

Here's some basic dashcam/phone footage. You'll find some scenery after the bridge hooliganism, about 6 minutes in!

OP
OP
AndiObb

AndiObb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is soooo awesome!! Just take almost an hour to read the threat of your 2016 tour - had almost tears in my eyes. Then watching the video of @SteveS gave me goose bumps. Almost unreal to have the beauty of Scotland and the sexiness of Mustang(s!!) at once.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This is soooo awesome!! Just take almost an hour to read the threat of your 2016 tour - had almost tears in my eyes.
It was emotional for sure! Nothing better than the view of driving in convoy with a great bunch...

Got me thinking of an anniversary tour for next year now!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
This is soooo awesome!! Just take almost an hour to read the threat of your 2016 tour - had almost tears in my eyes. Then watching the video of @SteveS gave me goose bumps. Almost unreal to have the beauty of Scotland and the sexiness of Mustang(s!!) at once.
If you enjoyed that vid there's another three. The middle one has the meet up at the Inverness Ford Store. This was at the time when there wasn't too many new Mustangs in the UK. Was a great trip all organised by @Kristian87 @stevec and George (who no longer posts).

OP
OP
AndiObb

AndiObb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Already stalked you on Youtube :blush: - we´ll watch the other videos as well. Inverness/Dunrobin we´ve been just last year.

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
welcome sir, great choice of roads to want to do and hopefully we'll all be allowed out to enjoy them, well apart from bloody camper vans! I've done the highlands a lot over the past years but in my old mr2, the thought of taking the mustang up there on those narrow roads (and stupid small gas tank) actually scares me lol. I'll still do it but 1st tiem with the ford wont be so much fun more holding breath!

OP
OP
AndiObb

AndiObb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We have also one of those "bloody camper vans" :frown: With a bit of thoughtfulness (which you have more than we in GER) there´s room for all of us, also on the narrow streets of SCO. With kids and dogs our annual leave isn´t feasible to be done with the Mustang in SCO, therefore happy to have the camper. But next year or so, my wife and me want to go to SCO with the Stang (packing kids and dogs to parents in law for a week :giggle:)

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
haha whoops! Camper vans are fine (he says back tracking lol) but sometimes you meet them in places they can't be passed or there's a convoy of them. We have space to use, just a matter of timing. IN laws - yes pack the kids and dogsoff to them and bring the Stang :D

OP
OP
AndiObb

AndiObb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
haha whoops! Camper vans are fine (he says back tracking lol) but sometimes you meet them in places they can't be passed or there's a convoy of them. We have space to use, just a matter of timing. IN laws - yes pack the kids and dogsoff to them and bring the Stang :D
It´s always a matter of how you use it. Easy to stop for a couple of seconds at a lay by to let the others take over. I have Stang, I have a motorbike - I know how it feels to be stuck beyond one of those bloodies :handshake:

Let´s see how things develop. Kids are also SCO-fans, they´ve been not so happy to stay with grandparents when we´ve been out to SCO last year (only 5 nights, first time w/o kids, our gift for our 10th wedding anniversary).

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Here's a couple of my UK GT around Scotland - the loch is Loch Awe over on the west and the other image is on a cold morning near Braemar.

Not much of the car, but I filmed a hyperlapse drive from Aberdeen to Boat of Garten a couple of years back, - it's a little dizzy at times, a combination of the roads and the hyperlapse.
20180102_084045.jpg
IMG_20180707_192449_281.jpg
Sponsored