Sponsored

Should I pull the trigger on 16 GT350 Track or wait for 17?

OP
OP

cynep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! You're looking at a limited edition vehicle brother. It's not the typical walk in the dealer and lets make a deal kind of buy. If you order, yes, u MIGHT get it somewhere around MSRP. But that isn't a "Ford" thing. try to go buy a Hellcat.. see how that goes. Very limited vehicles = very limited "dealing" on them. Around me, the few that are actually in stock, are priced $10-$15,000 over MSRP. I would neverrrr consider paying anywhere near that, but somebody will lol
Yada yada "supply/demand" ok - I get it. What I don't get is that no dealer will commit to even TAKE an order and guarantee the price. Stories of people having their ordered cars sold to higher bidders are quite rampant - your deposit guarantees nothing.
Sponsored

OP
OP

cynep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU
Two very different cars. Im sure you are aware of the maintenance and tranny replacement costs on those? They make a tech pack hot tranny looks like childs play
Old news, buddy. Tranny is covered under PTW and aftermarket has stepped up big time. You can get parts for them that are of much better grade than OEM, if it came to that. Even the 5K brake system can now be replaced with higher quality aftermarket for under $1500 - $2K. Yes, it ain't cheap, but quite reasonable for that kind of car and level of performance. Bonus points - you can drive one year round, if you were so inclined - not so much with 'stang. Not that I'd drive a GT-R in NE snow, but I've seen them on the road in winter too.

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
I don't really care which car we are talking about but in general if I can order a car exactly as you want it I generally do (or scour dealers to find it).

The wait is tough but if you regret a color or an option you will be kicking yourself.

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Old news, buddy. Tranny is covered under PTW and aftermarket has stepped up big time. You can get parts for them that are of much better grade than OEM, if it came to that. Even the 5K brake system can now be replaced with higher quality aftermarket for under $1500 - $2K. Yes, it ain't cheap, but quite reasonable for that kind of car and level of performance. Bonus points - you can drive one year round, if you were so inclined - not so much with 'stang. Not that I'd drive a GT-R in NE snow, but I've seen them on the road in winter too.
Depends what you want in a car. I got out of my 2014 GT-R for a GT350.

The Nissan was in every performance metric a TRUE supercar but it wasn't enough for me. I gave that up because I couldn't drive the car like I wanted.

Did you know If you disable the traction control you void all warranty? You can only disable it if you're stuck in mud or snow. And yes they know.

The data they can pull with the CONSULT III is insane and that car truly has a black box with every single piece of data.

The mustang to me is more visceral, a proper driving scenario. GTR was so fun to embarrass anything from a light or coming out of a corner. It's exit speed is unlike anything else. Mustang can't do that.

What the GT350 can do is make me smile every time I go under a bridge, make me smile every time I spin the tires, makes me smile when the tach passes 8k, most of all I love rowing my own gears, and I enjoy not having finger prints allover the car after parking it. The GTR is a dick magnet and every 18-35 year old dude will want to see it, race or, or touch it. Chicks don't care much for it.

Now all that said - mod the GTR and it's a whole new ball game - if that's your plan.

FYI OEM transmissions are now 10k new, everything else has reduced by a huge margin. It's not expensive to own compared to other cars in its price range.

OP
OP

cynep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU
Depends what you want in a car. I got out of my 2014 GT-R for a GT350.

The Nissan was in every performance metric a TRUE supercar but it wasn't enough for me. I gave that up because I couldn't drive the car like I wanted.

Did you know If you disable the traction control you void all warranty? You can only disable it if you're stuck in mud or snow. And yes they know.

The data they can pull with the CONSULT III is insane and that car truly has a black box with every single piece of data.

The mustang to me is more visceral, a proper driving scenario. GTR was so fun to embarrass anything from a light or coming out of a corner. It's exit speed is unlike anything else. Mustang can't do that.

What the GT350 can do is make me smile every time I go under a bridge, make me smile every time I spin the tires, makes me smile when the tach passes 8k, most of all I love rowing my own gears, and I enjoy not having finger prints allover the car after parking it. The GTR is a dick magnet and every 18-35 year old dude will want to see it, race or, or touch it. Chicks don't care much for it.

Now all that said - mod the GTR and it's a whole new ball game - if that's your plan.

FYI OEM transmissions are now 10k new, everything else has reduced by a huge margin. It's not expensive to own compared to other cars in its price range.
Not sure about the traction warranty void bit (citation needed), but that's the very reason why I sold my GT-R - just too much of a robot. Very easy to go stupid in it and it will forgive you, but you lose something in the process. That and lack of 6MT is what ultimately killed it for me. Ain't going to lie - I miss it, now even more so - especially after talking to rapists like Parsippany Frod that wants to charge $20K over MSRP and said that's it's a 'discounted price', because 'normally they get $40K over msrp'.. Didn't even chuckle at the end of that blurb, which I thought was hilarious.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not sure about the traction warranty void bit (citation needed), but that's the very reason why I sold my GT-R - just too much of a robot. Very easy to go stupid in it and it will forgive you, but you lose something in the process. That and lack of 6MT is what ultimately killed it for me. Ain't going to lie - I miss it, now even more so - especially after talking to rapists like Parsippany Frod that wants to charge $20K over MSRP and said that's it's a 'discounted price', because 'normally they get $40K over msrp'.. Didn't even chuckle at the end of that blurb, which I thought was hilarious.
Its a crap situation but not every dealer is pulling this stuff, You just have to really put in leg work to find a good deal, and in some cases go out of state.

Its the reality of the situation, unfortunately not a whole lot Ford can do to stop it given dealers are independent franchises. You can belly ache and moan about it or you can start making calls to secure an amazing car. I placed an order back in June 2015 at MSRP, waited 8 months for the car, the dealer never once balked and the whole transaction was incredibly easy

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
Yada yada "supply/demand" ok - I get it. What I don't get is that no dealer will commit to even TAKE an order and guarantee the price. Stories of people having their ordered cars sold to higher bidders are quite rampant - your deposit guarantees nothing.
Now THAT I agree with. I have seen that happen to members on here, and that's not cool. I still don't think it's not a "Ford" thing.. but couldn't agree more that it's a shitty thing to do to a buyer once a deal is in place. Even if it is a verbal deal. Once they take money down, verbal deal or not, it should be honored.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
mungio is nowhere to be found....:headbonk:

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Sorry I doubled check the owners manual pdf- if you damage something with VDC off nothing's covered.

Long story short, I turn off the Mustangs TC often lol. I mean factory line lock come on!!

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Are you like the girl who swears at a fella, throws a hissy fit, and says she never wants to see him again then hangs around waiting for him to promise her the moon?

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Decide whether you want to wait another 3-12 months for a 2017 while being in the dark most of the time vs. paying 2k to have something much sooner. Although I think you can have the best of both worlds with the 2017 ordering options.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
A dealership != FoMoCo. FoMoCo != a dealership.

A dealership is like a retailer that is used to put a label on their business. One bad experience at a dealership does not speak for all of Ford as a manufacturer. Because if poor service is what Ford is then I must have not bought my car at a Ford dealership...which has the name "Ford" in it.
Sponsored