OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Are you going with Velgen wheels? Apex wheels are sick too lol not sure if they come in 20 though.
I already have my wheels. HRE FF11.

IMG_4276.jpeg

OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Those are rowdy against that blue!
Thatā€™s a good thing, right? I donā€™t want to do dark wheels, have done that too many times on other Mustangs. I would love to see what a matte bronze would look like on this color, but I have yet to see one.

Sponsored

Helsinki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Grabber Blue Metallic
I am lowered on Steeda Progressive springs and shocks. I also upgraded to rear upper billet shock mounts and Steeda front adjustable camber plates. Iā€™m running 20 inch Velgen VF9ā€™s. 10 and 11 wrapped in 285/35 front and 305/35 rear. I do have Kooks LTH and have never came close to scrapping. I also added a front liquid vinyl splitter on the existing stock chin and have never scrapped or rubbed anything. However, I only weekend my car and drive on nicely groomed roads on my travels.
What offset are those wheels? I think the stance you achieved is perfect. If I could replicate it in my car, but with the wheels I'm planning to order, I would be stoked.

Thank you!

OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
What offset are those wheels? I think the stance you achieved is perfect. If I could replicate it in my car, but with the wheels I'm planning to order, I would be stoked.

Thank you!
20x10 & 20x11 +35. +50

Sixtus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sixto
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2016 GT Convertible, 2015 Ecoboost PP
I put my thoughts on an old thread here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/new-member-saying-hi.85455/#post-2720698

Iā€™ve gone with all those parts in my ā€˜16 GT and really enjoyed them all (installed them all in 2017, no magnaride). I accepted the lowered lifestyle of being overly focused on road surfaces and dips/inclines. I also found the limits of the car to be less forgiving when tightening things up. The springs reduced nose dive significantly.

I just bought a GT500 this past weekend after selling my aforementioned GT, and I love how magnaride works and I appreciate the ride height for more comfort over after market springs. Even with itā€™s sophistication, physics still is king.

If you value looks over comfort lower it, I did and donā€™t regret it.
If you value comfort over looks get stronger sway bars for the roll.

Caster Camber plates are recommended with lowered springs so you may not need them if you return your springs (they help increase your range of adjustability which is always a plus even if not lowered)

the bump steer kit will help give a little bit more steering feel even if you are not lowering it.

just my thoughts, which are only human

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S

Thank you!
If youā€™re ballin on a budget P51ā€™s are a little cheaper and are lighter. But I just couldnā€™t get myself to like the style. They arenā€™t terrible but Velgens were love at first sight šŸ˜…šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
I was going to lower, STH, etc a bunch of suspension work to auto-x it, you know, before I totaled it.

Anyway, if you lower it, and need to go on a dirt road, basically ever (highway turn-around, two-track, MTB trailheads, fishing, even some event parking) you can't do it without highly risking splitter/fog light damage.

I would keep it stock height.

Helsinki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Grabber Blue Metallic
If youā€™re ballin on a budget P51ā€™s are a little cheaper and are lighter. But I just couldnā€™t get myself to like the style. They arenā€™t terrible but Velgens were love at first sight šŸ˜…šŸ˜‚
Even if the Velgens you chose are heavier than the P51, I think you made the right decision because the VF9 wheel style is the one you like. And I bet those are still lighter than factory.

But yeah, the wheel setup you accomplished on your car is perfect in my opinion. Awesome job.

20x10 & 20x11 +35. +50
Thank you!

Last edited:
OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I put my thoughts on an old thread here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/new-member-saying-hi.85455/#post-2720698

Iā€™ve gone with all those parts in my ā€˜16 GT and really enjoyed them all (installed them all in 2017, no magnaride). I accepted the lowered lifestyle of being overly focused on road surfaces and dips/inclines. I also found the limits of the car to be less forgiving when tightening things up. The springs reduced nose dive significantly.

I just bought a GT500 this past weekend after selling my aforementioned GT, and I love how magnaride works and I appreciate the ride height for more comfort over after market springs. Even with itā€™s sophistication, physics still is king.

Caster Camber plates are recommended with lowered springs so you may not need them if you return your springs (they help increase your range of adjustability which is always a plus even if not lowered)

the bump steer kit will help give a little bit more steering feel even if you are not lowering it.

Thanks very much for the reply. I have lived both the lowered life and regular height. I donā€™t mind either. The reason, ultimately that I have decided to lower it is that the car will be back to about stock height with the taller tires.

OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1

So just looked at your old thread with the photos. Your car was slammed for sure! Looked great but I wouldnā€™t want to go that low. My car will be about .5 inches lower, but the 20ā€™s I put on are 35 series so that car was actually lifted, so now it will be back to stock height, or real close.

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S
I was going to lower, STH, etc a bunch of suspension work to auto-x it, you know, before I totaled it.

Anyway, if you lower it, and need to go on a dirt road, basically ever (highway turn-around, two-track, MTB trailheads, fishing, even some event parking) you can't do it without highly risking splitter/fog light damage.

I would keep it stock height.
20s will raise the car up more. Anyways that is what my Jeep Wrangler is for or Iā€™ll take the Honda Accord (daily) šŸ‘ŒšŸ»
Sponsored