Sponsored

Should I be worried about these wheel and brake marks?

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
Getting around to swapping pads after my track day recently. I found the following stripe on my caliper and some very shallow marking on my wheel. I should also say that there was a big piece of rubber that I peeled off along the racing stripe on the caliper before I thought to take a picture, I'm assuming this piece of rubber wedged its way in and caused most of the marking, maybe also with a small rock or debris.

As I'm breaking free the torx bolts for the caliper, I don't notice anything weird. Everything seems fully aligned and fastened.

20220419_154030.jpg

20220419_154125.jpg
Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Getting around to swapping pads after my track day recently. I found the following stripe on my caliper and some very shallow marking on my wheel. I should also say that there was a big piece of rubber that I peeled off along the racing stripe on the caliper before I thought to take a picture, I'm assuming this piece of rubber wedged its way in and caused most of the marking, maybe also with a small rock or debris.

As I'm breaking free the torx bolts for the caliper, I don't notice anything weird. Everything seems fully aligned and fastened.

20220419_154030.jpg

20220419_154125.jpg
You always get a lot of craps, known as “marbles “in the inside of wheels on a race track
Also, to be blue I assume that your calipers have been repainted/powder coated and the coating could be more fragile than the original

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch

20220419_154030.jpg

20220419_154125.jpg
Most people have to pay extra to add a racing stripe… consider yourself lucky!

Totally normal. Lots of different products will remove the rubber, but I’ve had amazing luck with Xpel’s ppf cleaner. Works great on PPF surfaces and non PPF surfaces for removing race rubber marks. I’ve tried tons of other stuff…. This is the best!

https://www.xpel.com/Flawless-Finish-Paint-Protection-Film-Cleaner-16-oz

OP
OP

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
Thanks everyone!

PS, @Epiphany, this is a quality piece of kit.

Immediately upon playing with the threads you realize how much better machined they are, and how free from debris and contamination they are. On all of my knuckle threads, I was able to screw in the studs by hand easily till they bottomed (while test fitting).

20220419_165207.jpg
Sponsored