Sponsored

Shorty headers

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
I was wondering if anyone has gone the shorty header route on their 18/19 GT? If so could you give me some feedback and your reviews? Looking to see if any gains were made and also in sound and if they truly do not require a tune? Thanks.
Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I mean, you already have shorty headers. These cars don't have log manifolds. You'd be better off just doing cat delete pipes thats where the power is.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Waste of money. Car has factory ss tubular headers. As stated cat deletes most efficient way to increase power exhaust wise. Do you see lots of aftermarket shorty header threads? Negative.

OP
OP

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't realize the cars already has shorties. Im still waiting on mine to get here so I haven't had a chance to really dig into the engine.. Well that's good they do then but I have to keep cats as Hawaii inspections are very strict. If we do anything to alter the car we have to go and get a modification sticker and pay a fee. Just a way to make more money but they enforce it pretty good. Guess just the H pipe then as I ordered the active exhaust.

OP
OP

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But I do wonder if aftermarket ones would do better than stock ones? JBA has then for $500 and some pay more than that for CAI or axelback when the stock car already has them and are ok ones. But not sure how much it would help even if they flowed more as they still have to go through the cats.