Shocks and struts upgrade?

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
I'm running Steeda's progressive springs on my GT/PP.

Would Ford Performance's strut and shock performance kit be a decent, reasonably priced upgrade?

I feel like the stock struts and shocks are a bit lacking.

Anyone running these shocks and struts?

Thoughts appreciated. :cheers:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Unless you get the track version...they are the same as PP.

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Unless you get the track version...they are the same as PP.
Didn't realize that. Maybe they're better than I think. :doh:

Thanks, Rebellion. :cheers:

trustyrusty436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have a base 2015 GT, I got sick of the pogo stick feel of the ride and put on some aftermarket shocks and struts, the difference is amazing, the car rides and handle like it should have from the start. Point being, I totally bypass the Ford options altogether, they screwed the poch the first time and that's enough for me!:mad: I went with Steeda Pro Action adjustable shocks and struts and have no regrets at all, they also have a nonadjustable set for less money and Koni has Yellow[adjustable] and STR [orange] nonadjustable, either would be better than the Fords imho! I bought the Mustang on looks, but to get it to run and handle like it should, you'll have to put some money and work into it.:shrug:

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4

Sponsored

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
The FRPP strut and shock kit is awesome and one of the more popular suspension upgrades. I'd normally recommend the whole Track Pack but you already have good springs. The Steeda progs will match well with the FRPP struts and shocks.

http://www.levittownfordparts.com/mobile/ford-racing-mustang-track-strut-shock-p-4180.htmls
Well, I have a Mustang with the PP (aka track pack) and one of the posters above suggests that I therefore already have the upgraded shocks and struts.

Just wondering what a nice shock and strut upgrade would be for my GT/PP that has the Steeda prog lowering springs.

Thanks. :cheers:

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Well, I have a Mustang with the PP (aka track pack) and one of the posters above suggests that I therefore already have the upgraded shocks and struts.

Just wondering what a nice shock and strut upgrade would be for my GT/PP that has the Steeda prog lowering springs.

Thanks. :cheers:
The Track Pack and the Performance Pack are two different things.

The Performance Pack is a factory Mustang upgrade that includes Brembo brakes, a bigger radiator, Torsen diff, and basically this suspension (only the springs are different):

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-FR3A-MA

The Track Pack is an aftermarket (Ford Racing Performance Parts aka FRPP) suspension upgrade that is a big jump in handling over the stock PP suspension:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-FR3A-M8

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
The Track Pack and the Performance Pack are two different things.

The Performance Pack is a factory Mustang upgrade that includes Brembo brakes, a bigger radiator, Torsen diff, and basically this suspension (only the springs are different):

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-FR3A-MA

The Track Pack is an aftermarket (Ford Racing Performance Parts aka FRPP) suspension upgrade that is a big jump in handling over the stock PP suspension:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-FR3A-M8
Thanks, SpeedLu. So it seems the Track Pack struts and shocks would be an upgrade over the struts and shocks that came with my Performance Pack GT.

I see that you can purchase just the Track Pack struts and shocks and not the whole package. I don't track my car so I don't know that I need the entire Track Pack. But I would consider getting the Track Pack struts and shocks if they would improve ride and handling.

Has anyone with a GT/PP upgraded to the Track Pack struts and shocks? If so, I'd appreciate your thoughts on this upgrade. :cheers:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd get Steeda non-adjustables if you want a non-adjustable shock.
I'm still waiting to see these vs. the FRPP track handling dampers and PP dampers on a shock dyno. The steeda ones are priced very well and I'm sure are a quality piece.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
I'm still waiting to see these vs. the FRPP track handling dampers and PP dampers on a shock dyno. The steeda ones are priced very well and I'm sure are a quality piece.
I'm running Steeda's progressive springs, CAI, and Tri-Ax short throw shifter and have been very pleased with all three.

I may consider their struts and shocks also. :cheers:

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Has anyone with a GT/PP upgraded to the Track Pack struts and shocks? If so, I'd appreciate your thoughts on this upgrade. :cheers:
I have the FRPP dampener kit but run it with linear springs (BMR) which in itself a night & day difference. I may be biased though as I'm not a fan of any progressive spring kit.

Never ran them with the stock PP springs. I did have the stock PP dampeners paired with linears for a few hundred miles and they worked very well with it. (way better than with the stock PP springs) But I could not leave well enough alone and with the FRPP kit, the car handles like a go-cart & I am perfectly satisfied with the results.

However, with STEEDA's release of their fixed valve dampeners, I recommend going for their kit over FRPP.

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
I have the FRPP dampener kit but run it with linear springs (BMR) which in itself a night & day difference. I may be biased though as I'm not a fan of progressive springs.

Never ran them with the stock PP springs. I did have the stock PP dampeners paired with linears for a few hundred miles and they worked very well with it. (way better than with the stock PP springs) But I could not leave well enough alone and with the FRPP kit, car handles like a go-cart & I am perfectly satisfied with the results.

However, with STEEDA's release of their fixed valve dampeners, I recommend going for their kit over FRPP.
Thanks, Rand. Just want to make sure that Steeda's pro action, non-adjustable struts and shocks, are an upgrade from the shocks and struts that came on my GT with the Performance Pack.

Sounds like they are.

And I'm assuming they'll work fine with Steeda's progressive springs. :cheers:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD

Call SteeDa they'll tell you the difference. They've told me but I don't want to get it wrong and mislead.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Call SteeDa they'll tell you the difference. They've told me but I don't want to get it wrong and mislead.
I've seen the anecdotal/qualitative info in the posting, but still looking for curves to see trends.
Sponsored