Sponsored

Shelby wheels for base GT?

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Would Shelby wheels for a base model GT work? I'm thinking about browsing and seeing if anyone is selling their stock wheels.

I'm just trying to think of cheap ways to get bigger wheels for racing on the track. If not then I'll just bite the bullet and look at forged wheels. Never bought wheels before so I don't know anything.
Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Though you may well need spacers of some form if stock suspension geometry doesn't accommodate them, I don't see why not. I wish you the best of luck finding Shelby anything on the cheap and low, though. :crackup:

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Though you may well need spacers of some form if stock suspension geometry doesn't accommodate them, I don't see why not. I wish you the best of luck finding Shelby anything on the cheap and low, though. :crackup:
Maybe some PP2 wheels then. I am on PP1 right now.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I'm just trying to think of cheap ways to get bigger wheels for racing on the track.
Yes they will fit with spacers up front, but there's nothing special about those. They are cast, heavy and have no real benefits over an aftermarket wheel. Unless you get a crazy deal, I would rather get some replicas and run those on track. They are cheaper and a good 7-8lbs lighter each.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Yes they will fit with spacers up front, but there's nothing special about those. They are cast, heavy and have no real benefits over an aftermarket wheel. Unless you get a crazy deal, I would rather get some replicas and run those on track. They are cheaper and a good 7-8lbs lighter each.
Seconding.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great. I think I'll have to use the 'ol search here and check what track addicts like.

Side note: hope I keep this GT. I am oh so very tempted to buy a GT350 or a Mach 1.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I don’t think the words “Shelby” and “cheap” ever go together in a conversation.

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t think the words “Shelby” and “cheap” ever go together in a conversation.
Yeah but used... Like the last gen Shelby 500 could be found for 14k a few years ago.
Sponsored