Sponsored

Share your 5.0 Exhaust note opinions.

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Any guesses on why the steep prices ? I've never been paying such close attention to mods for a brand new car. My guess is the underbody of the S550 might have lead to more development costs ? Or are new parts always like this ?

For reference my magnaflow competition catbacks were 780$ ..not terrible.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk
Sponsored

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
I hear ya gramps! :shocked:

Hear is the order page for the Magnaflows. Looks like is is an easier install with the IRS.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopdisplayproducts_cars.asp?make=FORD&model=MUSTANG&year=2015
You won't hear much of anything after about a year of driving those, sonny. :eyebulge:

Although, the ones posted are the competition version, not the street version. So, these ones are meant for performance only. But here's their street version.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
I paid 600.00 for Borla S types and another 1000.00 for headers on my 13. If I had to do it all over I would have skipped the headers as they dont provide the hp/$ ratio. That being said, a High flow or Offroad X pipe and Borla S is HARD to beat on these coyotes imo.

[ame]

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Is that for the X/H pipe plus catback? My Borla Stinger CB on my 03 cobra was about 750 just for that. 1200 seems pretty good to me as MF has good quality pieces as I had that setup on my 01cobra convertible.
good point. it includes the x pipe as well.

not bad, then.

Sponsored

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
I paid 600.00 for Borla S types and another 1000.00 for headers on my 13. If I had to do it all over I would have skipped the headers as they dont provide the hp/$ ratio. That being said, a High flow or Offroad X pipe and Borla S is HARD to beat on these coyotes imo.

I would think the header pipes would make a bigger difference, unless they were shorty's I guess. Can't see a cat back really changing anything except the sound.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

That sounds good! I love Borla's.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP

the headers definitely have some affect on the performance. and they make the sound mean as hell.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Found this info on another site. 30lb weight savings!! Can't wait to hear this one, since it was designed with Borla and I loved my Borla Stingers on my 03 Cobra!

2015 Mustang GT Cat-Back System, Sport

Ford Racing has partnered with industry leader Borla Exhaust to offer the first in a series of Ford Racing by Borla with stainless steel tubing that is designed and fit to Ford Racing specs.

M-5200-M8SC Chrome Tip

M-5200-M8SB Black Tip

• Fits 2015 Mustang GT

• Bolts to stock catalytic converters

• 30 pounds lighter than the factory Cat-Back system

• Integral X-pipe

• 2.5-inch, stainless steel, mandrel-bent Cat-Back tubing

• Polished stainless steel tip; available in chrome or black chrome

• Loud, aggressive sound is 49-state drive-by noise legal

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Found this info on another site. 30lb weight savings!! Can't wait to hear this one, since it was designed with Borla and I loved my Borla Stingers on my 03 Cobra!

2015 Mustang GT Cat-Back System, Sport

Ford Racing has partnered with industry leader Borla Exhaust to offer the first in a series of Ford Racing by Borla with stainless steel tubing that is designed and fit to Ford Racing specs.

M-5200-M8SC Chrome Tip

M-5200-M8SB Black Tip

• Fits 2015 Mustang GT

• Bolts to stock catalytic converters

• 30 pounds lighter than the factory Cat-Back system

• Integral X-pipe

• 2.5-inch, stainless steel, mandrel-bent Cat-Back tubing

• Polished stainless steel tip; available in chrome or black chrome

• Loud, aggressive sound is 49-state drive-by noise legal
if this is the ford racing catback, then we have heard it! (goodwood was believed to have it and that one video from CJ ponyparts)

doesn't sound quite what I would like it to sound like, but not bad

[ame]

Sponsored

oj5OH

Threads
Reaction score
[ame]

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
the headers definitely have some affect on the performance. and they make the sound mean as hell.
They only gave me 7 whp over an offroad x at 7k...but they did give me 15hp under 3500 and 30 pounds of torque...so yeah it did give me some but its still not a mod thats worth the $$$ plus install costs imo. Sound is sick.

stilesg57

Threads
Reaction score
Wow -- sounds better under the hood than out the pipes. From the back it's a sweet V8...under the hood....do I hear a Ferrari in there?!?!?!?!

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP