Share your 5.0 Exhaust note opinions.

Mirko03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mirko
Vehicle(s)
15' Mustang GT
Does anyone have a sound clip of the Quad Roush Exhaust? Or are we still waiting for one to be released?

BOXERDOGTY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered a 2017!
I know this is a dumb question due to its subjectivity, but I'll ask it any way. I just ordered a new premium convertible with the PP. My original plan was to get the FR sport mufflers with the GT 350 valance. Now I'm leaning against cutting the new bumper so I have to come up with a new option. The logical alternative would be the Borla S-type. Would the ATAK be TOO loud both top up or down? It sounds so good on their website!

Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I know this is a dumb question due to its subjectivity, but I'll ask it any way. I just ordered a new premium convertible with the PP. My original plan was to get the FR sport mufflers with the GT 350 valance. Now I'm leaning against cutting the new bumper so I have to come up with a new option. The logical alternative would be the Borla S-type. Would the ATAK be TOO loud both top up or down? It sounds so good on their website!
ATAK axle back or catback? Stock resonator really quiets things down. ATAK catback is probably the loudest catback in existence for this car (excluding possibly the solo street race catback as it has no mufflers or resonators). S type especially axle back will be quieter for sure and for a vert quieter is better in my opinion.

BOXERDOGTY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered a 2017!
Thanks for the reply. Catbacks, I would probably regret the ATAKs. Anyone in the ST Pete area have them and want to show them Off?

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for the reply. Catbacks, I would probably regret the ATAKs. Anyone in the ST Pete area have them and want to show them Off?
You planning on doing headers? If so get the quietest catback possible because headers will literally almost double the sound.

Hyland33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Borla Touring Catback...zero rasp, perfect volume. I would never run an exhaust without a resonator, I think they sound so bad

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]CGDMRt2xO9c[/MEDIA]"]

Sponsored

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
Borla Touring Catback...zero rasp, perfect volume. I would never run an exhaust without a resonator, I think they sound so bad
All really depends on the type of mufflers. I run the GT500 mufflers without a resonator (H-pipe), and it sounds great, deep, beefy, throaty, Mustangy, muscle tone. No drone, and rather quiet at warm idle, a slight rumble/burble. :headbang:

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
I have corsa extreme's (best cat back imo) with O/R stainless power LT's.

Yes, its crazy loud, but I don't think its too bad. I can cruise and hold conversations/listen to music, no neighbor complaints, etc. It does get loud if you give it the gas obviously. Very mean idle. Love the combo. I'll have people pull up next to me and ask me what I have a few times a month.

It's not going to be for everyone because of the volume, but I'm glad I took a chance with this combo.

BOXERDOGTY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered a 2017!
I bet it sounds great, but too much for me. Maybe if I were getting a hardtop. I think it will either be touring or Type-S. Leaning toward the S. I would rather error too loud vs too quiet as it won't be a daily driver.

Iceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150,2016 PP GT
I have corsa extreme's (best cat back imo) with O/R stainless power LT's.

Yes, its crazy loud, but I don't think its too bad. I can cruise and hold conversations/listen to music, no neighbor complaints, etc. It does get loud if you give it the gas obviously. Very mean idle. Love the combo. I'll have people pull up next to me and ask me what I have a few times a month.

It's not going to be for everyone because of the volume, but I'm glad I took a chance with this combo.
any vids of your setup? I am thinking about going with the sp with cats. Just scared of the volume. I honestly don't think my extremes are loud at all, atleast in the car. I want more volume
Sponsored