Sham_POW

Sham_POW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
If you want to retain your magneride dampers, I would look at getting some GT350R or better yet, GT500 CFTP springs, and DEFINITELY camber plates, not bolts. You will not get enough front camber from bolts and you'll need that clearance for your front wheels. You can't add that much at the spindle without getting rubbing with the 19x11 setup. I would not even bother.

Long-term, DSC coilovers are available.
The bolts are temporary just to help get a bit more camber in the meantime. I'm still at stock ride height. Springs and plates will come together later in the year. I know that this wheel/tire package needs more camber if the car is lowered at all, but otherwise it's close to the factory PP2 setup, and that fits a 305 tire. It should still fit, yes?
Sponsored

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
The bolts are temporary just to help get a bit more camber in the meantime. I'm still at stock ride height. Springs and plates will come together later in the year. I know that this wheel/tire package needs more camber if the car is lowered at all, but otherwise it's close to the factory PP2 setup, and that fits a 305 tire. It should still fit, yes?
It'll be tight. I don't think you'll be able to get more than -2.0 deg without it rubbing. I could be wrong, though. Regardless of stock height/lowered, you will need lots more camber to 1) not destroy tires, and 2) improve front grip considerably. -3.0 is about where you want to be for CAM, more for a softer car (under 300# front springs).

OP
OP
Sham_POW

Sham_POW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Got the wheel studs installed. If anyone ever finds there way here via a search, DO NOT waste time with a ball joint separator to remove and install studs while the knuckle is still mounted. I had to grind out some material to fit it around the factory stud heads to remove them, and the threaded bolt on the tool kept walking while I was trying to press in the new studs. I ended up grabbing the stud installation tool that @TeeLew mentioned. Worked like a charm.

Another note on the actual installation. I used the GT4 studs from OP mustang. A fat stack of 1/2 washers works great to keep it lined up, but the thicker shoulder on these studs is just a bit too big for a 1/2 inch washer. I had to grind a few out to enlarge the hole to fit over that.

Brake caliper removal and re-installation was a bit of a bitch, and probably the hardest part of this. The bottom mounting bolt was easy. The top one was a pain in the ass. I used a short 15mm socket with a 1 inch extension to start the bolt out until I interfered with the strut, then I removed the extension to remove it the rest of the way. Re-torqueing to 85lb/ft was a challenge while doing this on jackstands.

But, everything's in, and I have the 19x11 wheels on. Even with a 25mm spacer there is less than 10mm of clearance between the strut and the wheel/tire. Small enough of a gap that I decided the camber bolts were not worth the installation effort right now. So far I haven't encountered any rubbing on either the inside or outside. We'll see how that holds up at this weekend's event.

I also got an alignment. Apparently my car is a bit of a dud as far as the front camber goes.

FRONT: L/R
Camber: -.09/-1.1 <-🤮
Caster: 7.2/7.0
Toe: 0.01/0.01
Total Toe: 0.00
Steer-Ahead: 0.01

REAR: L/R
Camber: -1.8/-1.7
Toe: 0.10/0.11
Total Toe: 0.20
Thrust Angle: -0.01.

I'll only be running a few events with this setup, then likely BMR SPH765 springs, front bar, end links, and camber plates.
Sponsored