Shaker 12 Speaker Upgrade - '16

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I did some searching but could not find a thread that answers the questions. I have a 2016 GT with the 12 speaker Shaker system. I would like to upgrade the speakers and leave the head unit alone. Anyone done this and have a recommendation for speakers?
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
disable the factory EQ first and see how you like it before you change speakers.

OP
OP
vernonator

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
disable the factory EQ first and see how you like it before you change speakers.
So that's just in the normal interface or is there some other voodoo that has to be done. Will check it out in the interface in a bit when I take her our for a spin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
All you need is a dongle, its 28 bucks on amazon, download the program on pc, and change 1 line of code, but you can change a lot of things while you are in there,

ie. when you tap change lane turn signal switch, I made mine 5 flicks instead of 3. I made it so all the seatbelt chimes/alerts/backups etc, come through the speedo speakers, instead of all the speakers in car, deafening you.

I disabled seat belt chimes etc.. no seatbelt light etc.. so much stuff

once you disable factory EQ, you car will have more bass, and be cleaner/clearer.

you can always revert back to stock afterwards, takes 30 seconds

OP
OP
vernonator

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
All you need is a dongle, its 28 bucks on amazon, download the program on pc, and change 1 line of code, but you can change a lot of things while you are in there,

ie. when you tap change lane turn signal switch, I made mine 5 flicks instead of 3. I made it so all the seatbelt chimes/alerts/backups etc, come through the speedo speakers, instead of all the speakers in car, deafening you.

I disabled seat belt chimes etc.. no seatbelt light etc.. so much stuff

once you disable factory EQ, you car will have more bass, and be cleaner/clearer.

you can always revert back to stock afterwards, takes 30 seconds
So its a change in the As Built data - have all I need to do that but just have not gotten in and done it. Is that EQ setting called out in the As Built data thread do you know?
Sponsored