Sponsored

The Rear Trunk Panel and Flipping Your Lid

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Someone posted that it was too hard to close the trunk after the install and that they dented the trunk lid. Thoughts?
I'm not sure how they could dent their trunk unless maybe they installed the kit for the heavy spoiler equiped trunk on a non-spoiler car, or the person was holding something in the hand they used to close it.
Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I had the hood struts added. I went for the Ford parts. If you don’t know The bottom strut on the passenger side needs a 1” hole drilled into the battery cover to allow that sides mount to get to the place it attaches. So, I had the hole slit to the edge of the cover since otherwise if you need to get to the battery you’d have to undo that strut.
I went with the Ford route as well, they are not as sturdy as the Steeda from my understanding, but a huge improvement of not having to have the prop rod, that was embarrassing on the Bullitt.

I did a slit in my cover, as well as a hole just like you said. I did do some tender charging when covid started and less driving, plus it's good to have battery easily accessible. I'll post a pic tonight if I remember.

I've had the trunk kit since the month or so it was released. It's really handy. It does make it HARDER to close it though.
Debating putting these on now that I've heard about these. I wonder this would work with adding a trunk handle on the inside? Have been wanting to add one for a while.

seabee133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush RS3 Twister Orange
These are the first thing ive done to all my s550s.. Ive had 4 now.. Wife loves them.. I also work at steeda and i tell everyone to get them. Yes, they are a little harder to close, but if you expect it and get used to it, there should be no problems.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Debating putting these on now that I've heard about these. I wonder this would work with adding a trunk handle on the inside? Have been wanting to add one for a while.
I cannot see any inside strap/handle being able to pull these down as they are stiff.

I’ve had them since they came out. No issues and I use them regularly. A great mod.

By the way, needed the heavy ones on my GT/CS.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I cannot see any inside strap/handle being able to pull these down as they are stiff.

I’ve had them since they came out. No issues and I use them regularly. A great mod.

By the way, needed the heavy ones on my GT/CS.
Makes sense, obviously they have to be pretty spring-loaded to pop the trunk up all the way.
I think I should be fine with the regular ones for the Bullitt as it has no spoiler at all.

Sponsored

seabee133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush RS3 Twister Orange
no spoiler, yea the 0696 should be good.. We have the 0697 on my wifes with the pp1 spoiler and of course on the roush with the tool kit..

Makes sense, obviously they have to be pretty spring-loaded to pop the trunk up all the way.
I think I should be fine with the regular ones for the Bullitt as it has no spoiler at all.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I went with the Ford route as well, they are not as sturdy as the Steeda from my understanding, but a huge improvement of not having to have the prop rod, that was embarrassing on the Bullitt.

I did a slit in my cover, as well as a hole just like you said. I did do some tender charging when covid started and less driving, plus it's good to have battery easily accessible. I'll post a pic tonight if I remember.

It's not crazy hard. I mean I'm a weak, fat ass and can still do it one handed. I just use my 4 fingers in what for a car door would be aa hard close.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

As promised, this is what my hood strut looks like around the battery cover:
20210701_181519.jpg
Sponsored