Sequencial tail lights for oz mustangs plug n play

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
How hard would it be to add amber LED's to the tail lights so you could end up with 3 amber lights on each side?
then add a new Red out bar LED that is connected to the brake lights.

is this possible at a reasonable cost?

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
How hard would it be to add amber LED's to the tail lights so you could end up with 3 amber lights on each side?
then add a new Red out bar LED that is connected to the brake lights.

is this possible at a reasonable cost?
You definitely need to cut/back open the light to change the LED Boards (same as the headlights) to add 2 Amber + 1 Red on each sides.

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
Would this fit in the rules in AU? I really like these ones : [ame]

LED86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
It would be ok for the rules about indicators being amber but sequential tail lights are still an issue is Australia so technically it still won't be legal. Hence why the AUD models were changed.

Would this fit in the rules in AU? I really like these ones :

Sponsored

Cj42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Comp orange 2015 GT
Would this fit in the rules in AU? I really like these ones :
This actually looks like it would be OK, what is required to get that working? I bet it's a bit of a job.

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
It would be ok for the rules about indicators being amber but sequential tail lights are still an issue is Australia so technically it still won't be legal. Hence why the AUD models were changed.
Depending on how the sequential lights work - is what determines if it is "legal" in Aust. you are correct - they need to be amber.

We dont know exactly why the sequential lights were not included in the RHD model. The best guess is that it was too hard due to all the different rules around the "RHD counties" that they decided it was easier to just make them all standard with a single indicator on each tail light.

Sequential lights can be legal in Aust - I believe that the above video is pretty close to what is "legal" and I would install it if it was available at a reasonable price.

OP
OP
Yuvraj

Yuvraj

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuvraj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PP

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
They are USA rear lights, converted with Amber LED's.
Done by someone that's been banned from forum

Sponsored

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
The indicator still does blink amber so it's not completely wrong. I've got the sequencer on my car at the moment and love it! Don't forget we still have the stop light so if you are braking an indicating the side will flash but your other 2 brake lights will be solid red
Phil545 - You mentioned you have a sequencer on your car. are you able to share a bit more information about it ? ie where you got it from and how hard it was to install, and what the effect is when it is used etc.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Phil545 - You mentioned you have a sequencer on your car. are you able to share a bit more information about it ? ie where you got it from and how hard it was to install, and what the effect is when it is used etc.
I got it from some market in china, its a simple plug and play device and take 5 mins to install. Its the same as the video from the guy on the first page, so im thinking he has sourced the same device?
Sponsored