-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Gday folks.

Browsing on the exotic pony mods website and came across a complete tail light assembly with inbuilt 7 mode sequencer. They are selling the pair for $1300. This seems a little steep considering they are made in china.

Has anyone used them and care to comment?

Are they a wank? Would you fork out $1300 for some tail lights?

Thanks.
Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Gday folks.

Browsing on the exotic pony mods website and came across a complete tail light assembly with inbuilt 7 mode sequencer. They are selling the pair for $1300. This seems a little steep considering they are made in china.

Has anyone used them and care to comment?

Are they a wank? Would you fork out $1300 for some tail lights?

Thanks.
They are the same price as having Loudz in Adelaide open your existing lights and fitting the same 3R3A 7 mode sequencers. So they save you the inconvenience of mailing off your lights and you do end up with having your originals as spares. I have ordered some clear 7 mode from EPM but they have not arrived yet. Ray told me that they are perhaps 95% as good as the OEM housings. Perhaps the OEMs are made in China as well. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
They are the same price as having Loudz in Adelaide open your existing lights and fitting the same 3R3A 7 mode sequencers. So they save you the inconvenience of mailing off your lights and you do end up with having your originals as spares. I have ordered some clear 7 mode from EPM but they have not arrived yet. Ray told me that they are perhaps 95% as good as the OEM housings. Perhaps the OEMs are made in China as well. Not necessarily a bad thing.
Just got these they look as good if not better quality than original, I’m sure they ship to Australia

VLAND Five Models Rear Lights for Mustang GT 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 Tail Lamp (Smoked) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XHWPT2J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_q1I.DbWCN8802

OP
OP
-Armoured-

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
To those thinking of getting the EPM lights, I would hold off. For $1400 the quality of the fitting is questionable. My one came with no instructions whatsoever, and I've got 2 big dirty 10mm gaps between the light and the bumper visible when the boot is open.:curse::curse::curse:

The new lights also don't come with the top shrouds, you need to pull them off the factory light.

The most id pay for this is $500 and still would think twice about it. :facepalm:

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

Sponsored

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
Hi Simon. The modes may not be suitable for Aus cars. For one, we do not have reverse lights in ours. I would prefer to buy something built for the Australian market to keep it legal.
We don’t either , fog and reverse below number plate
6C52302E-ABC1-42E3-BA56-B392E4F6F5CA.jpeg

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
We don’t either , fog and reverse below number plate
6C52302E-ABC1-42E3-BA56-B392E4F6F5CA.jpeg
Thanks Simon. Were yours as white as the originals and did they sit correctly when mounted. Do the have the 3 X amber cursor mode and 3 X brake.

OP
OP
-Armoured-

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
How's the fitment between the bumper and the bottom of the light end that get hidden when the boot is closed? Any big arse gaps like ours?

ExoticPonyMods

Threads
Reaction score
Website
exoticponymods.com
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
To those thinking of getting the EPM lights, I would hold off. For $1400 the quality of the fitting is questionable. My one came with no instructions whatsoever, and I've got 2 big dirty 10mm gaps between the light and the bumper visible when the boot is open.:curse::curse::curse:

The new lights also don't come with the top shrouds, you need to pull them off the factory light.

The most id pay for this is $500 and still would think twice about it. :facepalm:

Hi Wolfgang, we have checked every stock car, that gap you described is there for every Mustang... If you put back your lights you will see. Btw, these gaps do not affect cosmetics, nor does it affect any functionality (water proofing etc). And rarely people look at that angle. Here is a photo of a bone stock Mustang I have checked at least 5 Mustangs last week 15-2019, all the same. Just I guess what you expect for a normal mass market Ford vehicle.

In regards to the pricing, the most cost of the lights is on the Electronics. They are equal or better than OEM. The electronics has quite a bit of work and tech build in there. Getting them well accepted and robust after 2-3 years of launch is no small feat. It also has a few patents pending.

Our 3A3R upgrade kit which has 4 LED boards (reuses 2 from factory) since 2 years ago is retailed at 799. These new lights have 6 LED boards and a total of 132 Osram 3W LEDs on them compared to 88 on the 3A3R upgrade kits, The electronics inside could be easily 900+ retail. Adding the housing, package and shipping of the lights. The full assembly's price makes sense. Ford OEM lights are about 1400 each.

Mustang owners who previously getting their lights upgraded with 3A3R kits were paying about 1200. Now with a full set of lights, less hassles, and can resell the factory lights to recover a few hundred dollars. I think couldn't be a better deal? Since the EPM lights have factory mode if someone is really worried.

There is also a quick install guide that should come with the box. Here is the electronics version of it.

779747567.jpg

Attachments

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Hi Wolfgang, we have checked every stock car, that gap you described is there for every Mustang... If you put back your lights you will see. Btw, these gaps do not affect cosmetics, nor does it affect any functionality (water proofing etc). And rarely people look at that angle. Here is a photo of a bone stock Mustang I have checked at least 5 Mustangs last week 15-2019, all the same. Just I guess what you expect for a normal mass market Ford vehicle.

In regards to the pricing, the most cost of the lights is on the Electronics. They are equal or better than OEM. The electronics has quite a bit of work and tech build in there. Getting them well accepted and robust after 2-3 years of launch is no small feat. It also has a few patents pending.

Our 3A3R upgrade kit which has 4 LED boards (reuses 2 from factory) since 2 years ago is retailed at 799. These new lights have 6 LED boards and a total of 132 Osram 3W LEDs on them compared to 88 on the 3A3R upgrade kits, The electronics inside could be easily 900+ retail. Adding the housing, package and shipping of the lights. The full assembly's price makes sense. Ford OEM lights are about 1400 each.

Mustang owners who previously getting their lights upgraded with 3A3R kits were paying about 1200. Now with a full set of lights, less hassles, and can resell the factory lights to recover a few hundred dollars. I think couldn't be a better deal? Since the EPM lights have factory mode if someone is really worried.

There is also a quick install guide that should come with the box. Here is the electronics version of it.

779747567.jpg
Ray, I think my gaps are larger than with the original lights. I have not looked at any other cars but I cannot imagine that I would not have noticed such a large gap with the OEM lights. Without trying to enlarge the fitting holes on the rear boot panel, your lights will not sit where I expect they should on the stepped upper surface of the bumper. My photos should show this.
IMG_20200107_091052.jpg

Anyhow I have purchased some rubber weatherseal for the entire width of car between the lights and it has hidden the gaps and improved the look.

IMG_20200107_104053.jpg
IMG_20200107_104232.jpg

ExoticPonyMods

Threads
Reaction score
Website
exoticponymods.com
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I think the lights may not be seated in the right spot. It is seated on steps. I know you may have already tried some adjustments. I may suggest to extend the bottom seating screws out a bit, so the light can rest on the bumper, right now it is sitting on a step. The gap will be closed once it seats down.
Just front experience with a few cars we have installed. I have seen pretty good alignments. The alignments of the bumpers are not always the same, but generally the lights are of the exact shape as the factory. When the lid is closed, the deck lid and lights are flush vertically and horizontally. And the gap around the lights (where it meats the car body) is evenly throughout. This is kind of what is most important.

We actually had one car that has the deck lid misaligned with one of the new lights, but same lights on other cars alignment perfectly. And the owner said there has been no accident. I think out of the factory, the taillights are adjusted a bit to meet variations in the body work.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Ray, I think my gaps are larger than with the original lights. I have not looked at any other cars but I cannot imagine that I would not have noticed such a large gap with the OEM lights. Without trying to enlarge the fitting holes on the rear boot panel, your lights will not sit where I expect they should on the stepped upper surface of the bumper. My photos should show this.
IMG_20200107_091052.jpg

Anyhow I have purchased some rubber weatherseal for the entire width of car between the lights and it has hidden the gaps and improved the look.

IMG_20200107_104053.jpg
IMG_20200107_104232.jpg
Off topic but not many OF have white stripes. Can I see some more pics of your Orange Fury with stripes thanks? In case I end up with one :)

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Off topic but not many OF have white stripes. Can I see some more pics of your Orange Fury with stripes thanks? In case I end up with one :)
Sure Ray but I will put them on the Aus Spec Owners Photos thread.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I had the lights fitted today by Mustang MotorSport in Melbourne. Took photos before so could check the installation. Fit is Perfect! Look and work great so am very happy. EPM and Ray are first class. Great products and great service.
Sponsored