• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Selling gt350, building race car.

OP
OP

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
My vote is for this! Best of both worlds :thumbsup:

gallery-1478021486-mustang-gt4-ford-performance-1.jpg

Seriously though GLWS and with your Race Car journey :cheers: I'm sure it will be a fun experience for sure.
LOL they still haven't mentioned a price on the gt4. If it comes in at under a $100k I'll definitely consider it, (401k might be a little lighter after) but I doubt it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I've also considered a boss 302s. If i can find one around $50k new it's a strong possibility

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
LOL they still haven't mentioned a price on the gt4. If it comes in at under a $100k I'll definitely consider it, (401k might be a little lighter after) but I doubt it.
From what I understand it will be somewhere around $200k but not sure if that's been released yet or not. I'm sure someone else maybe [MENTION=7033]Voodoo[/MENTION] can chime in on that. :ford:

OP
OP

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
From what I understand it will be somewhere around $200k but not sure if that's been released yet or not. I'm sure someone else maybe [MENTION=7033]Voodoo[/MENTION] can chime in on that. :ford:
Well if you know anyone looking for a kidney, let me know :)

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
My budget is definitely realistic at least for the c5 at least. Especially considering most of the work I can do myself. Also my budget doesn't not include consumables, just to build the car itself. I've done my research buddy. I can find a gently used c5 z06 for $15-20k. Roll cage $1-2k, Wheels/tires $4k, brakes $4k, suspension $4k, cooling components $4k, seats $1600 for 2, and a few bolt on maybe $3k. That comes out to somewhere in between $37-42k. All these prices are considering top of the line components at retail pricing. I'm sure I'll be able to find deals here and there , and maybe buy a few used parts to lower those costs. The only thing I didn't include is aero, which I'll go over budget for if needed. So it's definitely doable. And my goal is not to be as fast or faster than the 350(although if I build the c5 with said mods, it will definitely be as fast or faster) it's to have a dedicated track car that's fast, reliable, fun, and within a budget.

Selling the 350 is not a financial decision primarily, but if I kept it I wouldn't have the budget for a dedicated track car like I'd like to build.
Good luck sounds like you have a plan. You could buy someone elses prepped carry also unless you want to build it your self

Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
I listed my GT350 for sale and hadn't driven the car in a week to keep the miles off. I started getting this strange rash and nightmares of flat plane crank withdrawal. It got ugly. Needless to say this morning I pulled my GT350 from the market. Not for sale.

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
Soft spot for my now gone C5Z, great cars. Check racingjunk in case you have not
and ofcourse Corvette Forum tracking section. A 2900# 365rwh C5Z is a formidable
weapon on the track, good luck !

OP
OP

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Good luck sounds like you have a plan. You could buy someone elses prepped carry also unless you want to build it your self
I've looked into that as well, and part of me does want to build it myself, but I also know that buying a track prepped car can be cost effective and much less time consuming . Though I'm pretty OCD, and most cars built to my standards tend to be a little pricy.

OP
OP

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I listed my GT350 for sale and hadn't driven the car in a week to keep the miles off. I started getting this strange rash and nightmares of flat plane crank withdrawal. It got ugly. Needless to say this morning I pulled my GT350 from the market. Not for sale.
Believe me I don't want to sell my 350, because it's the best car I've ever owned, but turning it into a dedicated track car would cost around $75-80k when you include the cost of the car (money I would never get back) and If something ever happened at the track, I don't feel comfortable saying I could walk away from a $60k car. A $20k vette I could stomach that alot easier, and if I were to sell, I could recoup at least a portion of what I spend. I'll certainly miss the shelby for sure

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Believe me I don't want to sell my 350, because it's the best car I've ever owned, but turning it into a dedicated track car would cost around $75-80k when you include the cost of the car (money I would never get back) and If something ever happened at the track, I don't feel comfortable saying I could walk away from a $60k car. A $20k vette I could stomach that alot easier, and if I were to sell, I could recoup at least a portion of what I spend. I'll certainly miss the shelby for sure
Totally understand the track dilemma - you'll never get a full race car out of something that is street legal.

Having said that i'm going to make it pretty extreme and drive on the street less (I was putting 30+ miles on the car almost everyday like an addiction). Looking at Caster camber plates and R compound tires - that should get it where I need it. Going from tracking a Boss Laguna Seca with Pirelli Corsa R comps to this with Michelin PSS - those R compound tires will spoil you.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Understood I get track insurance but that will half the amount if days I can do. I couldn't stomach loosening a 20 to 40k car either

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Maybe I missed it but what sanctioning body will you be racing under? How will the car be classed? Do you have a copy of the rule set for that class?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
If you already tracked you GT350 and want a track car, why not keep the GT350 and just get a cheaper daily driver?
I see your points and reasons and I'm not trying to judge or talk you out of your plan. Just curious.
I have done a lot of mods to my track pack and come spring time I'll be burning up the track when business allows me time away. I'm sure you know all the mods I've done and I know for a fact no R would come close to touching me in the hands of an equal driver.
I also dropped 200 pounds from the car with wheels, tires, seats, driveshaft, exhaust, rear seat delete, battery.

OP
OP

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I missed it but what sanctioning body will you be racing under? How will the car be classed? Do you have a copy of the rule set for that class?
No you didnt miss it, For now just hpde and time trial/time attack. I plan on racing with scca in a few years time, but as of now I'm not building the car for a specific class. I plan to do all the safety equipment and set the chassis up(suspension, wheels, brakes, etc) and get significant seat time 1st, and when the time comes I'll adjust power output as needed to fit a specific class and be competitive. Scca has plenty of classes available so that's not really a concern.
Sponsored