Sponsored

Sebring Tips?

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I plan to run Sebring for the first time this year and am looking for tips regarding negotiating the course - especially gotchas/wrong lines to be careful of, etc. Any insight would help, thanks!

FYI, novice/intermediate driver with nine track days under my belt at Texas World Speedway, Antlanta Motorsports Park, VIR, and Carolina Motorsports Park.
Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Pay for an instructor to go with you. You will learn things a lot more quicker.

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
SUPER bumpy track. I have not raced it however seen many IMSA races there. Crazy bumps. Be easy to the throttle and try to let the car settle before getting on power.

Are you running full track? Turn 5 well sneak up quick. Its like turn 8 at Road America.

OP
OP

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Thank you - I've heard it is a rough track, and thanks for the tip on turn 5, the type of thing I'm looking to know. I would have considered picking an instructor for my first time there to shorten the learning curve, but I was gifted a TNiA in October and there are no in-vehicle instructors at those events.

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you - I've heard it is a rough track, and thanks for the tip on turn 5, the type of thing I'm looking to know. I would have considered picking an instructor for my first time there to shorten the learning curve, but I was gifted a TNiA in October and there are no in-vehicle instructors at those events.
Correction, turn 7 forgot about the little left right before that.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 50/50 on doing the October TNIA event, I really want a dry track experience and that didn't happen when I went in June. Driving rain in 2 sessions and a wet track for the 3rd session made for a fun life experience but not a fun TNIA event IMO. Hopefully October will be dry.

Get there early and you can park in the actual pit area and return to your pit after each session, that was kinda cool. The rest is just all the normal TNIA stuff.

My prep was a little unusual but I felt very comfortable with the track because of it. I setup Forza 5 on a Xbox with a set of Fanatec FFB pedals and wheel on my office TV and raced it on the Sebring Full Circuit a dozen times a day. After a couple weeks practice I had the track nailed down and it translated really well to the real world. I felt good about the speed, gear, and sightlines coming into each corner and just had to worry about how much slide I wanted coming out in the wet.

I wish I could give you better advice but my experience was limited to not spinning this time, hopefully next time is different.

TNIA AA Sebring 6-3-21 5.jpg
Sponsored