Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
Nice seeing someone else running a stock GTPP. When you go back to Palmer you need to take Wifey's car with you. Good footage of Sebring, I just did the webinar with Ross and Johan on Sebring. Hoping to run a couple of events there this year with NASA or Chin if I can get in.
I'll be back to Palmer in May with Chin. I'm doing their 4 track Northern swing. WG, Palmer, Pitt and MO. I'll be in my BRZ most likely unless my Focus RS happens to show up.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gatorac

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Nice lap!! 2:34 by my count? I love Sebring. I was amused by the point bys as well. :)
I did manage a 32 out of the car. I'm still gonna qualify that lap time with the fact that it was completely stock, I didn't buy track insurance and it's my wife's daily driver. The car has a 29 in for sure with just a tire upgrade. I'm impressed with what Ford has done. :ford:

I'd love to see a GTTP that came with the trans and diff coolers as well as the magnetic shocks. Something to compete with the 1LE. I would be a buyer.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I did manage a 32 out of the car. I'm still gonna qualify that lap time with the fact that it was completely stock, I didn't buy track insurance and it's my wife's daily driver. The car has a 29 in for sure with just a tire upgrade. I'm impressed with what Ford has done. :ford:

I'd love to see a GTTP that came with the trans and diff coolers as well as the magnetic shocks. Something to compete with the 1LE. I would be a buyer.
Watching your lap after having run at Sebring for the first time last weekend shows me how slow I really was. :) My best was 2:43 - I have a lot of improvement to go.

bam2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT W/PerfPack and Recaros. &67 GTA
My Sebring Video [ame="[MEDIA=youtube]MQC3rymXCZU[/MEDIA]"]here[/ame]. Not pushing since the car was 100% stock. It now has many upgrades. I will have to go back.

Sponsored

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
My Sebring Video here. Not pushing since the car was 100% stock. It now has many upgrades. I will have to go back.
is that a cayman in front of you? little thing didn't have any trouble moving out on the straights

bam2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT W/PerfPack and Recaros. &67 GTA
Yes, it had a bit of work done to it. Most of the PCA cars there were not stock. The had suspension- Camber- tire upgrades. The Red on in front of me also had some minor engine work done.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Here's a lap in my stock GTPP at Sebring at a Chin Motorsports event. I was able to convince the wife to let me take her daily driver for a spin. I was pretty impressed with what the car did right out of the box. The only thing done to this car was a cat back exhaust (needed the sound) and an oil change. I was 1 second quicker over my 2013 track pack GT with suspension mods. That was driving this car like it was my wife's daily driver too.:) Didn't want to have to make a really bad phone call home. :paddle:

See if you can figure out why I picked this lap to post.;)
That's some competent driving right there. You're "driving this car like it was my wife's daily" is equivalent to my "driving this car like I want to go flying off track into a wall."

I would be interested in seeing a few more laps if you have a longer video.

Really nice!

-T

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW
Glad to see the GT being driven by a pro eating up the Z/28 and GT 350, didn't see you get Nick in his Black R though Jim ;-)
I will be bringing both my '11 302S build car and the '16 GT PP to the Glen in 2 weeks, hope you have some time to go out with me for a session.
Steve

OP
OP
Gatorac

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Glad to see the GT being driven by a pro eating up the Z/28 and GT 350, didn't see you get Nick in his Black R though Jim ;-)
I will be bringing both my '11 302S build car and the '16 GT PP to the Glen in 2 weeks, hope you have some time to go out with me for a session.
Steve
Nick had his LS at Sebring that weekend. Couldn't keep up with that either.:) He had the R at VIR but I didn't have time to ride with him as I was teaching a couple of instructor candidates. I'll be at the Glen. Looking forward to trying out the new pavement.

I'll check to see if I have a full session saved somewhere that's worth watching.

Sponsored

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW
I ran with Nick at VIR on Friday, Saturday and Sunday before you guys, wish I could have stayed. His car is out of this world, he is 4 seconds quicker than his Boss and 5 seconds quicker than me. And it's not power, we both run 152 on the back and 149 on the front straights. The mag shocks just allow the car to be smooth everywhere, down the roller coaster he just walks away and it doesn't even seem like the car has any body roll at all.
See you at the Glen.

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
You might be stock but the driver mod certainly isn't. Good job!
Exactly what I was thinking -- great lap & thanks for posting!!

:headbang:

OP
OP
Gatorac

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)

Really nice!

-T
Here's that full session. I had forgotten until I pulled up the full video that I had a passenger with me for that run.

[ame]

Last edited:

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

noob@cartech,prefer2drive
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-PP::2000 Honda s2000::1996 Nissan Maxima
What a track.. what a final turn it has!
and as noted, great driving sir!

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Here's that full session. I had forgotten until I pulled up the full video that I had a passenger with me for that run.
I would LOVE to see you take the wheel of our S550 PP car.

Our driver of the car needs some work. In the right hands, I bet it would be pretty serious. Has powerband for days and some nice solid suspension pieces with Hoosier 295s on all 4.

Last time out he was reporting 145-147 on the straights.

As much as I want him to get into the 2.2X's this weekend...I feel he will be right where you are in a stock car. :lol:

Good work!
Sponsored