Sponsored

Seat Removal: Full Set

redfire07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang
FRONT SEATS: To remove the front seats first you must remove the caps that cover the 4 bolts (2 in the front, 2 in the back.) To remove the caps use a small flat head screw drive and pry upward from the back. There are clips hold these in so do not pry from the front or you will break the covers.

To remove the bolts you need a T-50 Torx Bit. After you have removed these bolts and unhooked the power source from the underside of the seat they will come right out.

Back Seats: To remove the back seats start with the bottom first. To remove the bottom there are 2 latches. If you feel under the seat where its meets the carpet you will feel openings directly in the middle of the right and left seat. There is a lever you have to push back on both sides to release the seat. Once you have done this correctly you will hear a pop from the latches releasing. Just life up and the seat will come out.

To remove the upper Section of the back seat you will see 3 bolts holding in the brackets. 1 on the right and left side against the trim panels and 1 in the center. Remove all 3 bolts and the seats will come out after you fold them down.

I will upload pictures of everything to help visually.
Sponsored

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
Was just needing to remove the seats today, to install seat covers.

Are you sure they're T50? My T50 is kinda loose, so I ordered a T55 just to test. Also, did you wrench or impact it off?

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Thanks for the walk through. Looking forward to the pictures!

The place to pry up the caps off of the bolts on the front seat, and the disconnect from the power source are two things I'd like to get a bit more detail on :)

OP
OP

redfire07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang
Was just needing to remove the seats today, to install seat covers.

Are you sure they're T50? My T50 is kinda loose, so I ordered a T55 just to test. Also, did you wrench or impact it off?
Mine fit snug with a T-50... I couldn't imagine they would use different sizes in different cars but you never know. I just used a wrench I didnt want to strip anything. They are not terrible difficult to get loose if you use a 1/2 drive. If you have a breaker bar it wont be much work at all.

Good luck!

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
I used a 5/8 for the middle bolt, and a deep 15mm for the nut on the sides. I'm assuming the studs on the sides are permanent.

Sponsored

OP
OP

redfire07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang
I used a 5/8 for the middle bolt, and a deep 15mm for the nut on the sides. I'm assuming the studs on the sides are permanent.
Yes the studs on the sides are permanent. I was able to use the 15mm deep well on all 3 bolts

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
any info on how to get the plastic covers off from the back side of the seat?

OP
OP

redfire07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang
Are you talking about on the back of the front seats? If so you need to use a very small flat head or a small pry tool to remove it. lift from the back side.

OP
OP

redfire07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang
Are you talking about on the back of the front seats? If so you need to use a very small flat head or a small pry tool to remove it. lift from the back side.

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
Sorry,no ignore my post. The effects of a long work week. For some reason in my mind I thought the seat back was a plastic shell like my old car. Wishful thinking as I'd like to get a look at the insides

Sponsored

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
Was looking for this. Next time I go to the strip I'll remove all pass. And rear seats.

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Any of you fit aftermarket seats like Corbeau or Sparco? Just looking for tips for mounting to floor.

KazyMedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX-8 and Toyota 86
Any of you fit aftermarket seats like Corbeau or Sparco? Just looking for tips for mounting to floor.
Bump. I want to know if there are air bag issues etc with aftermarket seats. I was looking at the Corbeau seats, and I am pleased with the micro suede.

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Bump. I want to know if there are air bag issues etc with aftermarket seats. I was looking at the Corbeau seats, and I am pleased with the micro suede.

I'll let you know in a few weeks. I should have my seats fitted by end of weekend, including removal of the stock front seat belts, being replaced with 4 point.

At a minimum the airbag light will be on. If you know a ford tech they can turn it off for you, or I also have the wiring diagram to see if I can trick the system into thinking all the stock stuff is still installed, but that may take time since it checks a lot of stuff, like seat air bags, belt tensioners, whether seat belt fastened, plus a few more things, like weight of person sitting in passenger seat.

OP
OP

redfire07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang
I'll let you know in a few weeks. I should have my seats fitted by end of weekend, including removal of the stock front seat belts, being replaced with 4 point.

At a minimum the airbag light will be on. If you know a ford tech they can turn it off for you, or I also have the wiring diagram to see if I can trick the system into thinking all the stock stuff is still installed, but that may take time since it checks a lot of stuff, like seat air bags, belt tensioners, whether seat belt fastened, plus a few more things, like weight of person sitting in passenger seat.
You will most likely have an airbag light. I swapped my stock seats to factory Recaros and it cause the airbag light to come on.
Sponsored