Sponsored

Seat Question

Rags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I have looked and so far haven't found a final final answer on 350 Tech package seats: Recaro or not and if not are there any images of the non-recaro?

Thanks
Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
The seats in the Tech package definitely are not the Recaros, and they're similar to the GT Premium seats. There are a couple of pictures of the Tech seats here somewhere, but I don't think a Search will help you find them. This is the only one I saved.

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
The seats in the Tech package definitely are not the Recaros, and they're similar to the GT Premium seats. There are a couple of pictures of the Tech seats here somewhere, but I don't think a Search will help you find them. This is the only one I saved.

I was a minute late to the party...at least we all have the same pics :D

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I was a minute late to the party...at least we all have the same pics :D
Great minds think alike! :headbang:

Thanks and Err. Decisions decisions. :frusty:
The Tech seats were the answer for me, since I have wide shoulders and the side bolsters on the Recaros actually dug into my sides; the seat cushions on the Recaros were fine. Also, since we can have temperature swings here of over 130 degrees during the year, I wanted the heated-and-cooled seats.

OP
OP

Rags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Thanks, I'll head to the dealer and sit in a GT with Recaros. Luv the look, but in Texas cooled seats are nice. Test drove some cars with the GF yesterday and my ass was wet! My two lightnings of course were not leather and my truck is not. Sweaty ass is something I guess you get used too with leather. Ha

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Wow - Is there no limit to the things you can learn at Mustang6G? :cheers:

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
Well, I thought he should know in case he was counting on not having a sweaty ass at the track, which can only be a liability no matter how much bolstering the seat has.

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The cooled seats in mine do a decent job of keeping my butt from getting sweaty.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
They're very similar to the GT premium seats except look to be faux suede instead of leather inserts.

Tells me Ford is confident the GT non-Recaro seats are a good design even for track use, which is encouraging.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Thanks, I'll head to the dealer and sit in a GT with Recaros. Luv the look, but in Texas cooled seats are nice. Test drove some cars with the GF yesterday and my ass was wet! My two lightnings of course were not leather and my truck is not. Sweaty ass is something I guess you get used too with leather. Ha
The recaros on the GT350s are exclusive to these cars. The GT recaros are similar to the recaros on the previous generation GT and GT500. I do not have the measurement differences on these seats but I am sure that information is out there

2015 GT

GT350
2016-Shelby-GT350-Mustang-Recaro-Seats.jpg

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Looks like the GT Recaros are about the same as the ones from the boss right? I liked those on a test drive I did a year ago. If the 350 seats were like that Id do the track pack. These seats don't look as forgiving on the sides and butt as far as bolstering goes. :-(
Sponsored