SCTx4 Updater Issue/No Device Recognized

dcasandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS Premium 2016
Figured I'd put this here as I am sure some others will have the same issue. Really hoping some one here has the solution. I downloaded the SCT Updater so I could connect the SCT to computer and update it and be ready from my Email Tune. I can not get the Updater to recognize the device. My Laptop is Windows 10, I have restarted, powered up and down, Uninstalled and Reinstalled Updater, unplugged and plugged back in through all variations. Any help would be appreciated. I googled and searched, but most recent thing I could find was from 2014.
Sponsored

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
I had that issue once and I realized I was using the wrong cord. I had another one that looked the same and fit perfectly. Just letting you know in case that's your problem. Drove me nuts!

OP
OP
dcasandman

dcasandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS Premium 2016
I had that issue once and I realized I was using the wrong cord. I had another one that looked the same and fit perfectly. Just letting you know in case that's your problem. Drove me nuts!
I used the cord that came with the device. I just opened it. I only have one cord that goes to computer and one that goes to OBD port.

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
Ok, sorry then. Have you tried different USB ports?

OP
OP
dcasandman

dcasandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS Premium 2016
Ok, sorry then. Have you tried different USB ports?
Yup tried all three on the computer. The computer recognizes it, but not the updater.

Sponsored

Jonas-RR-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I had the same issue. Call SCT and they can remote access your computer and fix it. It has some thing to do with the devise management.

SLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
That's a bit unnecessary, he just needs to manually update the drivers. While the device is plugged into the computer open device manager. You'll see a icon with a yellow question mark or exclamation mark. Right click on that item and select update driver.
Make sure the sct program isn't running while doing this. Should be good to go after that.

OP
OP
dcasandman

dcasandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS Premium 2016
Go into device manager and manually download the drivers for the device.
That's a bit unnecessary, he just needs to manually update the drivers. While the device is plugged into the computer open device manager. You'll see a icon with a yellow question mark or exclamation mark. Right click on that item and select update driver.
Make sure the sct program isn't running while doing this. Should be good to go after that.
This absolutely worked. Thanks for your help. I would have never known to do that. Still just getting use to navigating Windows 10. This solution would be a good sticky. It may save a lot of people making the same thread or spending 30min on the phone for support.

SLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
This absolutely worked. Thanks for your help. I would have never known to do that. Still just getting use to navigating Windows 10. This solution would be a good sticky. It may save a lot of people making the same thread or spending 30min on the phone for support.

Glad to hear it. Happy flashing :)

Sponsored

Simmons-Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks,.....this fixed mine.

Simmons

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Hmm....I must of had all the correct drivers available as my Windows 10 PC updated all "108" files just fine.:shrug:

OP
OP
dcasandman

dcasandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS Premium 2016
Hmm....I must of had all the correct drivers available as my Windows 10 PC updated all "108" files just fine.:shrug:
I don't think everyone has the issue. Not sue why some do and some don't.
Sponsored