Blownfx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullit
Vehicle Showcase
So, I ordered a SCT tuner for my car from Steeda w/life time tunes.
And it was supposed to have a custom tune on it, or they were supposed to email me one (whatever way).
Anyway, I got the tuner. NO custom tune. Emailed them and filled out a custom tune form.
Nothing but crickets here.
Has anyone else purchased such tunes?
Did you get your tunes and how were they delivered?
Sponsored

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure you will receive your tune via e-mail, then need to install it on the device and then to your car.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
So, I ordered a SCT tuner for my car from Steeda w/life time tunes.
And it was supposed to have a custom tune on it, or they were supposed to email me one (whatever way).
Anyway, I got the tuner. NO custom tune. Emailed them and filled out a custom tune form.
Nothing but crickets here.
Has anyone else purchased such tunes?
Did you get your tunes and how were they delivered?

The SCT X4 usually comes with some canned tunes. The way Steeda's tunes work are you purchase the lifetime tunes, which you have, and then fill out the custom tune form on their website, which you have.

Steeda usually takes a few days to get back to you because there is 1 main person that compiles the tunes. His name is Matt. Matt and Steeda make a solid tune. The tune makes good power safely. For a daily driver, this is definitely what you want. Put drivability and reliability above all out power. The last thing you want is a hot tune on a daily that blows the thing up.

You will get the tune via email. You will need to download the SCT software for the X4 on your computer. Once downloaded, it should verify you have the stock tune on the X4 device. If you don't, it should ask you to plug the device up to your car to retrieve the stock tune. It's very important you have the stock tune on the device in case issues arise. After this, you'll be able to load the custom tune on your X4. Hook the device up to your computer and open the SCT software and transfer the tune file from your computer to your X4. After all that jazz is finished, go out and upload the tune to your car. Steeda leaves a few X4 variables unlocked so you choose those when you are about to flash the tune. These variables consist of settings to control idle speed, gear ratio, and tire size. You can also set a rev limiter for drive and neutral.

This is probably more info than what you need, but if you don't use it all, maybe it can help someone else as well.

OP
OP
Blownfx

Blownfx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullit
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. Patiently waiting

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Send me your contact info - let me look into this for you. Double-check your spam folder too while I work on your order - sometimes, they find their way in that folder for some reason.

Send to [email protected] - thanks!

TJ

Sponsored

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
When I ordered mine it took a few days and then j received it in my email. The Steeda tune drives like butter and definitely has more pull. I ran the SCTX4 canned tune a few days before the Steeda one came and feel the SCT tune had a little more power but I question its safety. Steeda tune runs great and perfectly smooth Idle. On another note I swear my engine Temps dropped after installing the Steeda tune. I ran as high as 219 before the tune and since the tune I've only seen like 207 at most after pushing it abit.....it stays between 197-203 on average and I've not seen a 219 once in almost a month sine the tune.

OP
OP
Blownfx

Blownfx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullit
Vehicle Showcase
When I ordered mine it took a few days and then j received it in my email. The Steeda tune drives like butter and definitely has more pull. I ran the SCTX4 canned tune a few days before the Steeda one came and feel the SCT tune had a little more power but I question its safety. Steeda tune runs great and perfectly smooth Idle. On another note I swear my engine Temps dropped after installing the Steeda tune. I ran as high as 219 before the tune and since the tune I've only seen like 207 at most after pushing it abit.....it stays between 197-203 on average and I've not seen a 219 once in almost a month sine the tune.
Thanks for the reply. That's what I did. I put 91 octane tune in. Just to make sure the tuner worked. But its been over a week and no custom tunes yet.
Starting to get anxious.

OP
OP
Blownfx

Blownfx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullit
Vehicle Showcase
Send me your contact info - let me look into this for you. Double-check your spam folder too while I work on your order - sometimes, they find their way in that folder for some reason.

Send to [email protected] - thanks!

TJ
Tim, thanks for the help. I checked spam and trash bin. I do receive advertising with no problems. But no tunes for my 2019 Bullitt. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored